It is currently 01 May 2024, 15:21

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 23:54 
Expert Member (SFD)

Gday,

Some of you may have noticed that in the legend down the bottom of the forum index there is now a bold blue group called SFD Member. Anyone who has paid memberships in the past few years will be added to this group.

For now we will only be opening up one new section probably called the "Members Lounge" :lol: for the club guys to kick back and chat amongst themselves, it will be completely restricted to club members only. Long term if the members choose we may turn more of the forum areas into view only or completely restricted but as I said this will be decided upon by guys who pay their memberships.

This group will also help new comers to the forum identify the more experienced divers. We may also complement this system with a karma or respect system, similar to spear oz. This may help weed out some of the dud information that occasionally gets posted. And more importantly it will take some load off the mods as hopefully we wont have to be so tight on the moderating.

It will also give the guys who pay membership some priority on this forum. After all it is their money that pays for this forum.

One note to all members; you will now be very easy identified as club member so I hope you all act as a good ambassador for spearfishing.

To get your name added to the list..
-PM me your full name and I'll check it against the membership list
-If you have been a member in the last 2 years you will be added to the list
(Guys that I know well, Rhino, South, lynchy, craney, trent, brown mullet, Brett, Tom Fraser, etc don't bother PMing me. Please)

Cheers,
Leigh

p.s. you have any concerns of suggestions they can be posted here of to me via PM.

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 21:11 
Expert Member (SFD)

Updated the list with anyone that has PMed me. If you are a member and not on the list by now PM me.

dutch hutch & kiwi_scott you will be on there as soon as Kurt checks his PMs

Breathing is Overrated