It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:06

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: A new spice for me....
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 09:49 
Novice Member

Peeps,

Some of you may know the boutique food brand "Peter Watson". I've gone to a couple of his food and wine tastings in the past and more recently I actually caught up with the man and chewed the fat on anything food related. Was a top convo and I learnt a lot from him. More to the point I had mentioned that I had a wide range the basic herbs you might find in your local market etc but wanted to explore some lesser used herbs in a bid to find a new taste for my buds.

Ol' Pete put a jar of North African Chermoula in front of me .... I had a vague memory of the name but no recollection of the taste. Now I'll always be a fan of quick asian style cooked fish and Italian slow cooked stuffed Calamari but for the easiest of cooking results, welcome North Africa.... welcome.

The simplist of ways to use it is:
put a tea spoon or two in a small clean pan and heat it up on medium (dont want this stuff to burn unless we're talking crispy skin snapper).
Add in your appropriate volume of light olive oil and a knob of good butter (dont kill it with marg).

Set it asdide and keep mixing it through. Now when it cools a bit, either get your fillets covered lightly in it or rub that gear into a scorn whole fish for baking.

All that is needed at the end is a squeeze of lemon - no salt or pepper required.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 10:06 
Fanatical Senior Member

Sounds good mate. But I think I'll get kicked out of the house for measuring knobs in the kitchen

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 10:55 
Novice Member

:lol: yeah well she can't lose mate, if the knob measurement is in proportion, the food tastes great. If its out of proportion .... its a win-win 8)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 11:50 
Fanatical Senior Member

:lol: