It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:15

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Phillip Island
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 11:11 
Fanatical Senior Member

Working on the Island today! Water looks good and I've got my gear so if anyones keen to meet me down here after work gimme a buzz!

Ryan 0410540227

This will be a report soon Kurt so leave it be! ;0)

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

Post subject: Re: Phillip Island
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 14:21 
Fanatical Senior Member

So it ended up being Sam, Tim and myself looking for somewhere to dive on the Island! SE winds and SW swell killed any chance of Pyramid or anywhere on the Sth side so we ended up at the Nobbies. Geared up and trudged all the way down to the end of the boardwalk where we found a thigh high gate stopping us about 30mts from the water........ Once we were at the waters edge ;0) cleaning goggles there came some rather loud squeals of "Hey" and "Stop right there!" turn to see a rather large female employee hastily running the length of the boardwalk. We then were informed (mistakenly) the the whole area was a nature park and therefore we were not allowed to dive there! Even said at one stage that she thought we might shoot a penguin and overfish the area!!! She had us on stepping over the gate tho so we left to be met by a ranger at the top who was actually a top bloke and end up in a decent chatabout things!

Moved down a carpark and got in to be greeted by the expected spooky island vis and proceeded to cray bash. Couple of decent crays later we were greeted by a couple undercover fisheries officers! Checked the crays, had a nice chat to one of them and they were off until Mr Personality decided he wanted more and came back to interview me because I didn't have my license on me! Neither did the others but no interview for them? Took f'n ages, especially because it was him and not the other one, you could tell the other bloke wasn't impressed with his form. Made me miss a good mates 30th dinner! Then on the way home we get a call from the nice one to let us know all of our licenses had just expired but we could keep the crays, just gonna receive a small fine! This no renewal notice has gotta change, surely it wouldn't be that hard? Shows that good company can still make a shit day great tho coz we had a cracker!

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 17:38 
Vic Records Officer

yh there out in force at the moment and what happened to some information saying that phillip island had new parks???
the licence situation sucks also!

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 18:16 
Forum Member

Good point i forgot, mine expired 2 weeks ago, you just reminded me rhino!

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 01:28 
Fanatical Senior Member

Supposedly from this year on the stretch between the nobbies and the penguin parade is off limits from land! Including the intertidal zone but we can access it via boat still. All becoming a nature reserve but we can apply as a club for access through very specific channels if we want.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 19:49 
Expert Member (SFD)

This is the best I could find on these "nature parks" http://www.penguins.org.au/images/stories/pinp%20a4%20map.pdf
Seem's pretty rude blocking off access to public beaches! I actually got my license expiry letter in the mail last year, it was a 3 year license, funny thing was is I thought it had expired already before this and had purchased another 3 year license, hope they still have that on there system.

Correct answers $4.00
Dumb looks are still free

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 11:45 
Fanatical Senior Member

Mayb you only get it if you have a 3yr one??? First I've ever heard of someone receiving one!

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 12:39 
Vic Records Officer

ill ask next time i see them, as i never got a letter from them when my 3yr one expired

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 20:49 
Expert Member (SFD)

i'm thinking the club should sell licences in conjuction with membership.that way were all covered.i was sure i was up to date, but sadly proven wrong.was a top day tho despite the crap.