It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:50

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: rippa
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2006, 18:00 
Expert Member (SFD)

early bay dive today.first red for the season, went 4.1kgon a sea hornet "sportsman 1200"burleyed heaps and had plenty of fish under boat,also 2 salmon got, interesting to see a school of k.g.w around, bit hard to hit with a mako point.reminded me of spearing gars as a kid,i had that many shots,but to no avail left pronger at home! all i can tell u is i was on the eastern side of the bay and not far from shore(for u inquisitive type).best ive seen the bay in years.good luck all.anyone interested in a westcoast shore dive in two weeks or so pm me please.also any used beuchat spears(french) before as im about to purchase an 1150 comp with reel.any feedback would be appreciated.new dive shop sounds good.shamous if its one of your mates i wish him the best of luck and i'm a big supporter of local trades

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2006, 09:59 
Fanatical Senior Member

G'day
Got a photo of the red? Nice one!

When you say Westcoast dive do you mean down Warrnambool way?
I will be down there myself the week before the Australia Day weekend (along with 20 or 30 other spearos).

Cheers

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2006, 14:22 
Forum Member

Good job tinnee

how do you find the Seahornet? I just bought a Seahornet Sportsman 1700...only been in with it a couple of times in PPB around Black Rock but haven't snagged anything ysignificant et but feels good in the hand.

Geez a snapper that size is sensational. Were you shore diving or from a boat? There are some pinkies around the Black Rock area but haven't seen anything anywhere near as big as that. Got a nice sized flatty there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2006, 15:03 
Expert Member (SFD)

the only thing i find is i get sore wrist on long diveswhen snorkling around.probably a mid handle would balance it better maybe.i'm about to purchase a beuchat 1000 or 1150.euro style gun 7mm spear 20 mm rubba. snappa out of tinnee.thats the only way i have got close enuff to any decent size.should get together for a dive soon hey.email me

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2006, 16:57 
Forum Member

Yeah I can see that happening...you are right about the mid handle, I found myself swimming along holding a third of the way along the stock sometimes.

I was going to say, 4.5kg snapper you would need to have a boat, unless you're Ian Thorpe!!!

Good luck and keep us posted on your trips

"Hooters, hooters, hooters, on a girl who's dumb"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2006, 12:44 
Fanatical Senior Member

4kg+ is a beaut fish, not many ppl get snapper that size on spear in vic,surely u took a photo of the monster???please post it up. + :shock: :wink: