It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:24

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 22:27 
Fanatical Senior Member

Heading there Early October (Carlys friends wedding) and wanting to know if anyone has used Freedive Fiji Charters?
They dive in four main locations Beqa Lagoon, Coral Coast, Vatulele and Kadavu Island. I have sent them an email regarding which area they recommend at this time of year? (Most likely Kadavu as its the furthest from the mainland and they give it the largest spiel on the their site).

Pushing for 4/7 days of our trip :mrgreen:
then doing a week in the North Island NZ (MORE SPEARING) 8)

Just wanting peoples feedback if you've dived these areas or if you've got first or second hand knowledge about Freedive. Have already spoken with Muz but they weren't established when he went.

Thanks Guys

Geoff

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2014, 10:04 

Have not personally used them, but I've seen them in action (was diving on bubbles in Beqa out of Pacific Harbour and their boat docked next to our dive boat).

Actually did a bit of investigation on them as I was going to hit them up for a charter the day between my last (scuba dive day) and the day we flew out, but unfortunately didn't get my chance.

Saw their boat out on the water a few times, and from what I saw and from my own poking around they looked pretty good.

In all honesty, I think even Beqa Lagoon would be a good spot. When we were blowing bubbles the amount of fishlife was spectacular. Heaps of Kingies, Doggies, GT, Barracuda, grouper, etc.

I can only say the currents in Beqa Lagoon get somewhat terrifying (6+ knots), but presumably the charters can get you in and out before they pick up.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2014, 19:03 
Novice Member

Did four days with them 2 years ago and highly recommend them. Jenga knows the area well and will put you on fish. Didn't do kendavu but next time I want to. If you can dive the atoll (forgot name) 45 odd nm South west of pacific harbour for BIG hoo.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2014, 01:34 
Fanatical Senior Member

Thanks guys so far for the replies.

From the info that I've been sent they only do share charters on certain days. Monday half day charter $240 Aus pp and Friday full day charter $365 Aus pp with a min of 4 people both days.

Other days you can private charter the boat at $800 half day or $1289 full day.

Kadavu Island 1 day dive overnight private charter trip $1882 incl accommodation

All I can say is hopefully there are spearos there at the same time to make rates lower :|
otherwise I"ll be organising local transport.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014, 00:31 
Fanatical Senior Member

Slight change of plan after speaking with the pink toed oracle. No longer going to NZ after 9days in Fiji. Why go from warm to cold? Now going to Tonga for 9 more days. Sweet 8)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 20:33 
Forum Member

It does look amazing there, but $365 per day is a bit rough, especially if you want to get in3 or 4 days diving.