It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:22

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Albany W.A
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2014, 12:29 
Forum Member

Just got back few weeks ago back to Melbourne from Albany W.A.

Had absolute ball over there been staying at Albany WA just over a year. Gaining lot of learning skills. Heaps mind blowing experiences crash courses from newbie to inter skilled spearo. The very 1st month staying there. Encountered first few sharks bronzy 2m and White Pointer approx 4m. One of my highlight most memory experience of all spearfishing adventures is the GWS. Never seen sharks in Vic yet.

I take it a very big thing because being myself being deaf and only one 100% passionate deaf spearo 100% pursuing my ambitious spearfishing dreams in Australia. To share my experiences for deaf communities as well fellow spearos. Truly felt priviledged to witnessed GWS.

The visibility is so surreal up to 20m+. White fine sand so blue water. During winter/spring can be so horrid so many rainy days approx 15 days non rains out of 3 months prolong raining. Pea soup visibility. It does remind me of PBB haha.

I had to leave Vic a very very last minute decision Nov 2012 to go to Albany WA. My apology for not replying in PM to members here until i logged in today.

I had created my Zed's spearfishing fb page about my experiences and adventures.

Please feel free to check my page. here is the link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zeds-Spe ... 8157007136

Most of these videos and photos i filmed/snapshots taken from my videos.

One of the recent spearfishing trips I took 2 junior spearos. Both 17 years old. Both had speared WA heaviest ever speared samson fish. Unfortunately they cant claim record to 2 reason are not being a member of club and didnt measure girth. One respectively certified scale 35kg and one certified scale 32kg. The local spearos are now trying to nab 40kg to break record. Good luck. It is a priviledge for me to witnessed junior spearos with huge gleaming smile and wobbly legs with their heaviest ever samsonfish.

I had one missed opportunity is Kingfish. I had few times encountered with kingfish but wasn't within shooting range. One was speared but didnt landed. This kingie just flicked it's body and the shaft just simply came out :-( bloody flopper just closed.

I love rockhop dives. It does remind me similar like Great Ocean Road coastals. Look forward to meet new spearos and dive with them at west coastal dives and maybe eastern coastal too.

Now only staying here at Melbourne for few months then moving to Qld to train spearfishing to prepare for 1st International Deaf Spearfishing Tournament at South Africa 2015-2016.

I look forward to attend your meetings or comp before i leave to Qld.

Safe dive

Cheers

Zed

Post subject: Re: Albany W.A
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2014, 14:31 
Fanatical Senior Member

gday Zed,
Looks like you had a ball down south of W.A.. Heaps of media attention on the GWS issues over here. My dive buddy recons he saw a small white or mako off Apollo bay around Xmas too.
Im located 400 klm inland from Broome ATM.
On my xmas break in Melbourne. diving for kingies, I had barotrauma in my middle ear and permanently damaged high frequency in my right ear. Im still coming to terms with my tinnitus, I cant imagine how it would be to live with no sound. I can also appreciate your love of the silent world of under water.
I was doing some "facestalking" on your face book page and notice a dredded bloke (joe reed?) who I have met years ago (2010) while working at Legendary in Brunswick.
south Africa sounds amazing keep us up to date!
cheers
oZ
ps no kings just some barber perch

Attachments:
barber perch.jpg
barber perch.jpg [ 416.88 KiB | Viewed 3638 times ]

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2014, 21:34 
Fanatical Senior Member

How are your ears now mate?

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 12:54 
Fanatical Senior Member

still f#$%ed