It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:38

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 64
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2016, 21:19 
Fanatical Senior Member

I put my mussels in one of those green string bags and give them a good jiggling like a giant tea bag. The shells rub against each other and the bag and get clean enough to use pretty quick. Just have to de beard them after that.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2016, 15:02 
Vice President

Went for a dive on Monday on the back beaches with Luke. 10-15m visibility. Low swell. No surge. No current.

Lost a good snapper early (45cm+) but then worked hard for crays.

Hard work paid off in the end i reckon!

3.26kg (left) and 3.14kg (right).

Stoked.

Attachments:
Cropped.png
Cropped.png [ 367.64 KiB | Viewed 5707 times ]

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2016, 19:37 
Social Secretary

Nice effort mate. Really hate having a job lol. Not that it would help me.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2016, 15:45 
Novice Member

Hi everyone
My name is Jimmy.
I'm a beginner diver and spearfisher and am trying to improve on my breath hold and diving technique.
I discovered this forum from google and i found everyone here so awesome that i just wanted to say hello and make some new friends
I hope to get to know everyone better and learn a lot from all of you.
This is the first time i make a post here so please forgive me if i make any stupid mistake or post in the wrong place etc. Sorry in advance.
I went to cape schanck the other day with a mate. Went to the left side. Water was very calm , vis was 7,8m or more. Found this little morwong sleeping at the rocky bottom and managed to put clean shot on its neck. I tried to aim for the head so it didnt have to suffer for long.
My mate got a few abs around 12 cm. I then got another LJ near a kg (quite big for that fish i think), unfortunately oi lost photo of the LJ.
Lol i know not a lot of ppl like morwong but it's always my fav tasting fish. Whenever i go out always aim for them
I would really appreciate if anyone would like to share some experience on apnea training or recommended dive sites :D
Have a good day all :)

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2016, 14:48 
Novice Member

Sorry i'm still trying to figure out how to post pics properly

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016, 16:46 
Expert Member (SFD)

sick buttery Jimmy!!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016, 17:34 
Fanatical Senior Member

Get yourself a hot smoker Jimmy, they come up a treat brined overnight and smoked.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 10:08 
Novice Member

Thanks Octopussy and Greg. Will definately try looking for a smoker as i catch eels quite often from the local lake as well. Any suggestion on where to get a got price smoker apart from gumtree?
Just breaking fast atm in Springvale, still having a bit hangover from last night office Xmas function. Then i'll head to Brighton to practise the CO2 table the first time in water. Hopefully will see some improvement. I'll bring my spear as well in case i see some morwongs around.
Have a good day all :)
Ps: a silly question, i have a 4mm L size and a 3 mm XL size wetsuit. The L suits me well while the XL is a bit loose. If i wear the XL outside of the L wetsuit (so i have 2 wetsuits on at the same time) does it make it the same or relatively as warm as a 7mm wetsuit? Would it worth a try? Thanks

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 19:00 
General Committee Member

Bobbie is your man for recipes and smoker tips. He knows everything about the mighty dusky.

You'll be fine with a 4mm.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 64