It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:00

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 729 Next
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 15:01 
Fanatical Senior Member

Youre a deadset loser mate. You have your own choices for fish that you like, but don't come out and get stuck into people for shooting fish and posting photos. There is nothing wrong with Maggies, and there is nothing wrong with Leatherjackets either. A lot of top diver sin the club eat both of those species. Just because they arent hard to shoot doesn't mean that people like you can get stuck in and tell people not to shoot them.

No one cares whether you shoot many fish or dont shoot many fish, whether you shoot kings of LJS, all that matters is that you respect other people. And you are not Dick.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 18:23 
Administrator

jazzbox makes me sigh. :|

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 18:40 
Fanatical Senior Member

Parts of this are gonna get deleted for sure! You've just called someone a fuckwit and a deadset loser for saying that he wouldn't shoot those fish and would like to see a better quality posted! Saying don't shoot those fish is wrong but the rest of it wasn't that far from what I was thinking!

All he was saying was maybe it's time to start targetting some more challenging fish! Pretty sure even said well done somewhere.

Each to their own, blah, blah , blah. Fact, they don't taste as good as the fish mentioned so why not try for them! I don't think what was said was that offensive!

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 18:45 
Fanatical Senior Member

Have you read his post Ryan. If someone said that about me I would be pretty pissed off. It's not just that post either, three times in the last few days I have said to myself, jeeze, this bloke is a wanker.

The wrong things get moderated in this forum.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 18:50 
Fanatical Senior Member

Rhino wrote:
Parts of this are gonna get deleted for sure! You've just called someone a fuckwit and a deadset loser for saying that he wouldn't shoot those fish and would like to see a better quality posted! Saying don't shoot those fish is wrong but the rest of it wasn't that far from what I was thinking!

All he was saying was maybe it's time to start targetting some more challenging fish! Pretty sure even said well done somewhere.

Each to their own, blah, blah , blah. Fact, they don't taste as good as the fish mentioned so why not try for them! I don't think what was said was that offensive!

Any photos of catches I enjoy to look at. I dont care if its a catch of Herring Cale, as long as it is eaten then thats fine with me. No one has the right to tell people to shoot other things, or tell them not to post their catch on a forum. Blokes get on here and put up photos of their fish that they shoot, and people get stuck into them automatically. Next thing we know, no one is posting reports or pics of their fish.

I'm glad Marek is putting up photos of his catch, and I am 100% sure that he would be eating all of it too.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 18:59 
Fanatical Senior Member

I don't know about the other posts but this ones not that bad! Mareks a grown man and has been around for a while now, I'm sure he doesn't need you sticking up for him!

As for Jazz being a dick? This post definately doesn't warrant the insults you've put out there!

What if someone jumps on here and mistakes you for an experienced spearo? First impressions last, especially in this environment so he would be tarnished with that via your personal opinion! Hardly fair!
Insulting remarks will always be deleted!!!
Weren't you in the last thread to be deleted too?

Jazz, Shallow may have been proud of the catch so a little more tact next time 'ey!

Tom, chill the fuck out!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 19:10 
Fanatical Senior Member

I apologise for calling you a Dick Jazz. It was out of line.

It does however really annoy me when people on the forum get stuck into people for posting pictures of fish they shoot. If you dont eat them, thats fine, but let people do what they wish. I would be offended if people said what Jazzbox said to me when I posted fish that I shot. If I was young and posted a photo then copped that, I wouldn't post it again.

What did you gain out of telling Shallow that his fish are no good to eat Jazz? I would think that if he didn't think they were crash hot the time before that he shot them, then he wouldn't have done it again. And I would like to thinkt hat if he didnt like the fish when he eats them, then next time he will have the independence not to shoot them without you telling him not to?

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 19:17 
Fanatical Senior Member

That's very even handed of you Rhino.

I think from now and then anyone who is a little bit "opinionated" butts heads with someone
on this forum, that's the nature of the beast I guess. My post "Please don't shoot those fish again..." was obviously harsh thing to
post without the appropriate emoticon (ie. none), but it certainly wasn't designed to deflate the guy who shot the fish, it was
just a ... boring catch, that's all. I try to be careful in what I write and not be sterile, and be myself. Things get misinterpreted occasionally
but I enjoy it very much, even though most of you guys on it are a bit younger than me and not my usual company. Mr. Fraser, I think
you are overreacting, its easy to do, but I don't take your remarks PERSONALLY. 8)

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 19:24 
Fanatical Senior Member

Enough said! I reckon nows a good time to get back onto some dive reports!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 19:26 
Expert Member (SFD)

Now that everyone has waffled about CRAP. Can we get back to what this thread is suppose to be about. Dive Reports - The Island & Further East. Which is exactly what Marek posted. No one needs to add anything other then that.
How about just deleting the last 2 pages of shit? including this post.

Correct answers $4.00
Dumb looks are still free

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 21:15 
Fanatical Senior Member

Spent the extended weekend down at Wilsons Prom, managed to get a couple of dives in and got a nice feed including a couple of LJs, a nice sweep, a pig, a bag of blacklips and a calamari (had a school of 15 or so come in to check out a mullet I'd speared, looked like something out of a sci fi movie, wish I had a camera).

Possibly of slightly more interest, did a couple of dives (bubble blowing) out at the Glennies, the whole area was pretty much dead. I did see, however, a state record magpie perch by an absolute mile (I would estimate 2.5-3kg) and some monster bluethroats (5kg+). The only other fish of interest was a single lonely banded morwong. Other than that it was very quiet, no kings, no bait, very little life other than cale and wrasse. The water was very blue however, 20m+ vis in places and we did come across a pod of dolphins which may be a good sign that things are soon to improve.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 08:04 
Fanatical Senior Member

Sounds like you were disappointed by the "Glennies", is it supposed to be of interest? How big were the squid? They look cool when they swim,
they must have based the Sentinels in the Matrix on them for sure.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 11:07 
Fanatical Senior Member

Someone likes wrasse!

http://www.shipmate.com.au/news/AnglersnabbedforbigcatchesofWrasseandSnapper

Oooops, sorry tvolke... any dive reports?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 13:49 
Expert Member (SFD)

.............geeeeeeeeee!!

So much controversy over my catch!!!

There must be lot of people with 'bad taste', namely Drew and Grant who often bag out on maggies, or Paul whom I've notice the BTW is the only fish he keeps (beginners for sure)!

May be I should take it as a compliment; magic cook: turning 'shit' into delicacy. :lol:

Except the drummer, which was a mistake (and my PB), I eat all fish I catch, BTW being on top of my list after getting a recipe from Margie.

May be some people should learn what can be done with various species quisine wise, perhaps they may find out things beyond fish-n-chips, before they open their mouth and expose their mental limitations!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 14:06 
Fanatical Senior Member

shallow diver wrote:
.............geeeeeeeeee!!

So much controversy over my catch!!!

There must be lot of people with 'bad taste', namely Drew and Grant who often bag out on maggies, or Paul whom I've notice the BTW is the only fish he keeps (beginners for sure)!

May be I should take it as a compliment; magic cook: turning 'shit' into delicacy. :lol:

Except the drummer, which was a mistake (and my PB), I eat all fish I catch, BTW being on top of my list after getting a recipe from Margie.

May be some people should learn what can be done with various species quisine wise, perhaps they may find out things beyond fish-n-chips, before they open their mouth and expose their mental limitations!

Its a good point Marek.

It is amazing what a bit of effort with your fish will produce.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 729 Next