It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:41

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2007, 20:28 
Administrator

Dive reports of this area come on!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 17:53 
Forum Member

went to the island today with Christian and Kurt to try and pull up some crays and a bit of fish at pyramid rock.
The crayfish were around, spotted some big ones and smaller ones. As for fish life well there wasn’t any apart from a few small sweep and your everyday reef species. vis was ok and hoping to do a bit better tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2007, 19:34 
Administrator

Had a splash at kilcunda this sunday, didnt see shit, that place is dead. Not even a LJ though i wasnt really going far, still have fucked sinuses. Dived in a few big caves and a found a big one that came out both sides, was a squish but was awesome to go thru!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2007, 22:45 
Novice Member

hey guys im heading down to the island over new years never dived it before wondering how bad the currents are? what are the hot spots ect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 17:53 
Forum Member

went to the island for new years and had a crack at some crays, i was hoping to get to pyramid rock but the road was closed down so i moved down behind the race course. the walk down the "track" with 40 degree heat, carrying all the gear mixed with abseiling mixed with inhaling the odd fly was fun. when i hit the water i found 2m vis strong serge and poor fish life. left the water empty handed and went home.

but how did you go Silvias?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 22:28 
Novice Member

i was too drunk to get into my wetsuit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 22:38 
Administrator

I could of imagined the headlines:
"Diver suffocated by wetsuit whilst shit-faced"
:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 10:43 
Fanatical Senior Member

murray and i circumnavigated phillip island yesterday, launched westport, flew round to the nobbies for a couple of crays, moved on to penguins for a look for whiting and groper, dead quiet! moved on to another beach with sandy patches, this is where i discovered i can have 5 opportunities at kgw and still screw it up :x , first one clean missed, second one went for a head shoot- watch the fish swim away with a white chunk off its noggen :?, third one hit mid body- somehow got off, fourth- clean missed again :?, fifth- waited.......too long school moved away......bugger this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moved to the back of the race track, burlied for seven gill sharks, then had a swin around for our abs-2 greens 3 blacks, each. swimming back to the boat i was really hoping the sharks had turned up, unfortunately nothing but skates and rays, swam out bit wider as the wind was off shore and the burley drifted a small distance....looked down there was a baby gummy 3-3.5kg, pointy snout, and white dots all the way down its back, bombed down as it was on to me, couple of flicks of the tail and it was gone :cry:

this hole had 8 size crays, and one nice bull

big fan of the green lip :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 12:00 
Forum Member

Badger, was that you guys I saw heading back to WP around 5ish? I was diving the western side of Pyramid Rock. Red RA float, minus flag at that stage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 13:12 
Fanatical Senior Member

yeah, we saw you in the water, i thought i saw a couple of floats though? did you get on to any fish? the entire island seem very quiet yesterday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 14:24 
Forum Member

there was another guy with a bodyboard and flag in the water as well. Accent sounded German/Austrian, and he had his missus with him (on the shore). Anyone from the SFD?

I got my first Dusky Mowie (3.5kg), first Seasweep(s) (800g), first snook (40cm) plus some Leatherjackets for tonights dinner.

I also saw Zebras, Salmon, Magpie Perch, Banded Mowies, Swellsharks, plenty of kilo plus Bluethroats, good size red mullet and Silver Trevally. I spent a bit of time on the west side, where it drop off to around 12m (halfway out to the rocky outcrop), and that where most of the fish were. It was a bit murky out there but way more fish than the eastern side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 12:09 
Expert Member (SFD)

how did my greens taste buddy :D take a bloke out and he steals my tea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2008, 21:47 
Fanatical Senior Member

Quote:
take a bloke out and he steals my tea!
hey, back to the kitchen, where is my dinner? and i didnt 'steal' it :? i 'relocated' it, or liberated it 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2008, 10:59 
Expert Member (SFD)

went to the prom yesterday,perfect conditions bar the jelly fish that sting like all f@#k :( didnt look for kings but there is still heaps of bait there for them so they wouldn be to far away.got half a dozen good whitting and left a few with holes in them :? heaps of bandids and some good sweep. when we got back to the ramp there was 5 cars with trailers parked in about 2 foot of water :D they didnt realise how much the tide comes in there :D

Post subject: Far East
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 18:54 

Went for a lazy 6+ hour drive with a few of the boys and managed to finally see my first Kingy of about 12-13kg, had a crack at it and saw the shaft drop below it, Kingy looked amused and cruised slowly knowing full well there was no chance I was going to reload at 20m and have another crack at it. From there on I dived down about another 30 times without another sighting only 1 bonito that hammered past towards Tassie. As the weather turned nasty went closer to shore and smacked a Banded to have a go a scaling the bugger, only to have two sizeable tuna cruise 1m below me as I was removing the Banded from my shaft.... and the Banded thought it was bleeding!!!

By far the best spearfishing experience for me, at least I saw the target species of the trip, thanks to all the boys for showing me the ropes on the trip Lethal, Rhino, Doc & Luke (Chef extrodinaire).