It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:45

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 529 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2008, 13:15 
Fanatical Senior Member

hey guys, next time someone heads down that way let me know, we can take my car if u like, i live in drouin/warragul but practically spend most of my time in pakenham at my girlfriends house... thanks guys.. my mobile is 0432472776

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2008, 19:32 
Administrator

Hey, i'm located in Pakenham and usually up for a dive if the swell is good, don't have a car though!

just pm me if you want more info.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2008, 22:21 
Forum Member

Got to go to the island for a cross country event on Woolamai beach today... epic conditions near the point on the left hand side, clean clear waters but no dive gear! just a lazy 5.5km run through the sand dunes. did manage to sneak in a quick swim but with no wettty the water was damn near freezing!!!

Anyone manage a dive today?

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2008, 22:36 
Fanatical Senior Member

Yep, was shit....enough said!

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 18:54 
Expert Member (SFD)

think you were looking at the bay jordon cause it was shit full! dived wooly myself and got out after an hour,crap vis with a solid 6 foot swell!

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 21:58 
Forum Member

Haha must be the lack of diving! it looked good to me, and yes i did manage to see the bay and that was glassy!

Hope shes better by Sunday!

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2008, 22:35 
Fanatical Senior Member

Headed down to sandy point friday afternoon to a mates beach house, the weather was semi on our side saturday and we managed to get outta shallow inlet and head to shellback island, Vis was a hazy 10m which I thought wasn't too bad but I was told that it was shithouse compared to what they usually get when the weather is playing nice. Didn't really see a hell of a lot, lots of zebs, and maggies, and wrasse. Dave managed 1 sweep at shellback and his dad got a banded morwong, we then got back in the boat and headed to the back of norman island to get some protection from the swell, dave managed another 3 sweep while I was having fun diving to 10m checking some holes to see what was about. Got back in the boat soon after and headed back as conditions weren't too great and the granny was on. Great experience, was my first dive at the prom, and I'll be heading out there every chance I get. took a photo of the spot where dave got 3 of the sweep but didn't turn out too great, think I'll be playing with the camera for a bit to work out how to get nice pics.

See you guys wednesday
Jono

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 11:59 
Expert Member (SFD)

A fair bit further east and a little north i came about this fella, hopefully you can see it on here as it was a little murky (think BIG!) Image
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img56/img0490tn0.jpg/1/][IMG]

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 12:33 
Fanatical Senior Member

Looks like a big thumping Whale Tail to me? Correct?

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 14:42 
Expert Member (SFD)

Yeh, it was off Mackay. Every time you do a drop you could hear them making song. Sounded really close some times. I got the boat to drop me off within the legal distance from this one and it's mate and I swam my arse off to catch up with it. I was within 5 metres from it's tail when it just did a lazy stroke and was another 20m in front! It was time to get back to sign in so had to get back to the waiting boats. Did not get to look into it's eye. Next time

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 20:45 
Fanatical Senior Member

had a good splash with muzz and aaron the other day. the boys did well to find whiting in the cold water (13degrees), and also scored the usual reef species. ended up with a nice mixed bag, squid, barbers, butterflies, sweep, whiting etc.

the highlight of the day was diving a spooky wreck that muzz knew of. pulled up, had a look at the water, had a look how far off shore we were, had a think about how its october and we are fairly close to a seal coloney...aaron you go first!

after calling each other chicken for 15min we were exploring this wreck in cold dirty-ish water. great dive until aaron got his shaft stuck in the hull. then it was my turn, 21m trying to dislodge the bloody spear with some underwater squat thrusts (fish was still on it though). murray did some great dives and long drops, and was rewarded with fish. then it was his turn to get something stuck with the anchor refusing to let go...fortunately for him, aaron pulled the short straw and went to dislodged the anchor and was back in the boat quick smart.

moved in shallower, saw some snook, but they werent ready to play...

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 17:39 
Novice Member

Went to Phillip island on Sat with 2 mates. Went in at Pyramid Rock first, but Ithink we went in wrong spot cause there was nothing but sand deeper than 2 meters out. Then went to Smith Beach, in the bay left to the beach itself (looking to the sea). First time there, was rather nice. Found a few underize crays, no big ones. Speared a few maggies and six-spines. Saw a butterfish (I think) but it was too shy to come closer than 4-5 meters. Then saw a cave with a bunch of swell sharks in, picked one one about 1.5 meter long, grabbed it behind the head and showed it to my mate. And yeah he is terrified of sharks. Even more now probably.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 16:09 
Forum Member

dived at pyramid rock today.got two cray.condition was wonderful.vis was awesome.saw whiting and sweep

Condition

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 19:30 
Expert Member (SFD)

dived the island yesterday, wasnt very nice where i wanted to dive so i went to pyramid rock. vis looked good from the hill but once in the water it was a hazy 5m. was out of the water in an hour with one 2.5 and another 2.25kilo crays out of the same hole,very happy little camper :P fish life was nothing to write home about

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2009, 20:58 
Expert Member (SFD)

dived the island this arvo,flat as a tac and 10m vis :P got groper,whitting,pinkies,travelly and squid. fish life was the best iv seen in a while,but the cray situation is very sad at the minute on the island.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 529 Next