It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 00:22

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 649 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 544 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 21:07 
Fanatical Senior Member

good work on the whiting, apparently there's still tuna about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 21:45 
Fanatical Senior Member

Yeah heard that, reckon we would've had a much more impressive catch if we had've found 'em at the start of the dive not a few hours into it. Tuna would be nice hmmmm......

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 00:40 
Fanatical Senior Member

Went to Port Mac last weekend. We got 3 tuna in the boat, all on line. Hats off to the blokes that speared them! Every one I saw were deep and moving!

Post subject: Kennett
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 22:31 
Fanatical Senior Member

Hit Kennett River today in The Blow Up Doll. Dived a few spots heading west towards Grey River. We had awesome vis, getting over 15 m when the sun came out. Swell varied from non existent to "fark look at the point" with 1.5m bombs coming through every now and then.
Just the usual suspects swimming around, Crays were there in pretty good numbers but all tiddlers. When I think I'll need to measure them it means there too small I say. Did pull a few just to tease them then let them swim.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 20:04 
Forum Member

Even though the swell was massive today I decided to have a poke around. Ended up getting my first whiting! Fishermen around here reckon its a great spot for them but I have just never really seen them, so was pretty happy about it. It's no whopper but it's a start! Was a long shot too, which made me happy.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 20:40 
Forum Member

where abouts did you go...

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 21:42 
Forum Member

far, far west.....port fairy!

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 10:46 
Forum Member

good stuff though, atleast your getting wet and getting fish

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 22:33 
Fanatical Senior Member

Early start. Quick blast out the heads. Right hand turn. Park 300 metres offshore and 400 metres to the west of Point Lonsdale lifesaving club. The plan was to try for some early season Snapper. Koops and Sean were out there with a similar plan, slightly down current from myself. ( thankfully down current as Koop's bowels were apparently uncontrollable!) Burley, burley, burley. Nothing but LJs and Bluethroats (100s). Took several Six spines to satisfy the bride.
Ducked back inside for a bit of filming in the park followed by a long drift across Lonsdale Bight looking for Squid sign. No joy but I did come across a swarm of Snapper intermingled with a pile of Zebras and massive Pike. Tide screaming. Nearly impossible to hold ground. Quick burley. Greedy Pinkies. Two dead. 610gms and 660gms. Viz outside 8 metres. Viz inside 12 metres. Temp 15 degrees plus. Almost toasty!!

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 13:08 
Fanatical Senior Member

Bowels were well under control, unfortunately I couldn't control the current and send the log towards Brett!
1 KGW and 1 treva. No squid!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 09:13 
Fanatical Senior Member

Saturday, somewhere between Wye River and Apollo Bay. Plenty of burley put down. Hardly any decent fish. Contented myself with a nice black drummer. Felt bored so implemented the secret squid technique (ask P.Diddy). 3 squid came in to have a look. My spear was at the end of it's range and "fell" through the largest squid below. 2125gm. Stoked! Oceanic squid. Who would have thought?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 09:35 
Fanatical Senior Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh? Kennet???????????

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 16:28 
Forum Member

Got my first bream today, never really run into any before. I'm happy about seening fish that aren't brown or green... :P

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 21:01 
Fanatical Senior Member

Aireys inlet today, swellnet reported 1ft less swell...embarked on the long journey to castle rock mid morning to find a perfectly calm westcoast...like an oil slick. Geared up jumped in and WHAM swell picked up, think im cursed, this has happened to me too many times...vis was 50cm to 1 metre max...i shit myself when vis is bad...keep thinking bad things....barely saw a few reef fish...called it a day when I got thrown back to shore by the waves...

Fruitless dive...

Peace

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 18:03 
Fanatical Senior Member

Drove to Queenscliff in the wee morning hours today in search of the elusive squid amidst favorable reports, swell was to some extent manageable however visability granted us a mere 10cm....Saw a total of 3 parrot fish...i think.

Lasted half an hour in the murky waters before embarking on a leg burner swim against the current back in to shore.

Not happy with the result of the dive and still itching to kill some fish the buddy and I weighed the options available to us. After much consultation and discussion...the only viable option was....get this - to catch the ferry from Queenscliff to Sorrento and dive mornington...HA!

Ended up diving Schnapper point with a whopping 1.5 metre vis and some chop...for - some goaties and leatheries...

Least the ferry ride was a laugh!

Lots of bubble divers there today.

Peace

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 649 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 544 Next