It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:25

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 649 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 744 Next
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008, 11:33 
Expert Member (SFD)

shit hot nigz. where bouts u dive down that way?

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 15:35 
Fanatical Senior Member

Dived Airey's Inlet this moring. Swell was ok and vis was about 5mtrs, better in some spots.
Saw plenty of sweep in the rocky breakwater, leatherjackets, kelpies, parrots, luderick, magpie morwong were all taken. Really enjoying my new 90cm asegai, perfect for those kind of fish and conditions. The blue throat went to 42 cm. I shot the kelpie not thinking about its reputation and not having seen one before other than in posts, I accept any forthcoming crap.. :oops:
Attachment:
tmpphpnf5dhT.jpg

The surfcoast area is supposed to be good over the next few days for diving so hit it up if you can. :P

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 21:37 
Expert Member (SFD)

Dived off Barwon Heads today. 3 Divers. 6 Crays, nothing under 1kg, all in 15ft or less. Also shot 2 trevally, a 6 spine, also missed out on 2 nice pinkies coz had toy gun with me.

Correct answers $4.00
Dumb looks are still free

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 17:18 
Forum Member

Blinky and myself dived Airey's Inlet on Saturday the 31st, leather jacket's everywhere, not much in the way of salmon or trevally around, water was a hazy 10m but an alround good dive, buttery fell just shy of 80cm.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 18:29 
Administrator

That leatherjacket at the bottom appears to be on a diet!

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 18:40 
Expert Member (SFD)

where bouts in airy's do u guys dive? I used to dive there all the time but the mp ruined my fav spot....

Correct answers $4.00

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 08:19 
Fanatical Senior Member

looks like there arent many fish left there mate... haha

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 09:47 
Expert Member (SFD)

gday chamelion

Not having a go mate but there are many many better fish around Aireys besides dusky mowies, jackets, magpie perch etc, etc.

Next time you dive there head out off eagles nest reef and drop some burley in around that 6 - 10m depth. You'll see challenging and better eating species.

cheers

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 15:46 
Expert Member (SFD)

As long as they aren't wasted, what does it matter? Good feed there. There good target practice for longer shots lol.
I have become more selective of what I take now adays, but I used to do the same...
Have shot many nice sweep, squid, whiting and my first pinky at airy's inlet, but I havent bothered to check out that area since the mp was declared.

Correct answers $4.00

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 17:48 
Forum Member

I don't see anyone bragging about the catch, funny how people don't mention anything when one of the more respected member's nails a similar catch, not like some of you guy's haven't shot the same species of fish, the area we go down there is at the Urquhart's bluff end, take the boundary rd exit just as you hit town, we would appreciate a little more constructive criticism and maybe T up a dive with some more experienced diver's just to learn a bit more about getting some better fish, when, where and how.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 12:51 
Fanatical Senior Member

Chameleon,

I can see how the what the blokes have written can be taken as an insult but I believe it was not meant that way. I think what the guys are trying to say is that although some of the fish you've taken are nice eating (the jackets and maggie) all of them are considered to not be challenging and some inedible, it kinda gives the impression that you've shot everything you've seen. You have a missus who form the sounds of things can make anything taste good so to you there's probably no such thing as inedible which is fine but that's just what the pic prortrays.

Quote:
funny how people don't mention anything when one of the more respected member's nails a similar catch

You won't find a post from a "more respected member" like that for the reasons stated above. You have however made the effort to T up some dives with other blokes from the club in the hope of gaining a little more knowledge which means you mean well and want to do the right thing. You are going the right way about things so please don't get disheartened when people jump a little high sometimes, it can be a touchy subjuct.

Keep trying to T up the dives and it'll happen sooner or later, it's not that blokes don't wanna get out with other divers. There's just not as many experience divers out your way, and when you do get a chance to dive showing someone the ropes just isn't as appealing as hitting up your favorite spot with a mate. If you can get down the peninsula for a dive on a weekend I'm sure you'll have more luck. When the boys get back from the Nationals we'll probably start trying to organise the socials where we can put a newbie with someone more experienced who can show them the ropes too!

Also IH's post was constructive criticism, if you take note and try a bit of berley, bottom time and patience down that way your bound to get hold of some top table fish!

Hope that was helpful

Ryan

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 19:16 
Forum Member

I totally agree with IH, it was comments made from an interstater that pushed it a bit far, why he bothers to make annoying comment's on a Victorian site is beyond me, plenty of forums in NSW to make smart remarks. I appreciate you deleting his post's.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 23:35 
Expert Member (SFD)

I didn't delete Shadows posts, nor would I.. He is a weath of knowledge and a asset to this forum when he drops by. Don't take what he said harshly, i'm sure it was meant with the best intentions.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:21 
Forum Member

Went out with Team Cobra minus Master Cobra who had valentines duties. Went near Cape Otway and bagged out on crays in an hour. 4 crays went over 3kg. Biggest for the day was Marks 3.7kg. Sal caught his first cray plus one more. Top day
[attachment=0]IMG_3272.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments:
IMG_3272.JPG
IMG_3272.JPG [ 79.69 KiB | Viewed 3797 times ]

Last edited by sunshine on 15 Feb 2009, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2009, 17:39 
Fanatical Senior Member

......... :cry:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 649 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 744 Next