It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:51

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2005, 21:07 
Fanatical Senior Member

Jet and I made an early morning dive in search of scallops. The master showed me how it's done. He popped off a nice flounder within 3 minutes, then proceeded to collect at least double what I was capable of. He also caught a nice flathead. Went into the shallows and saw a school of pinkies. Burleyed up and had a nice feeding frenzy going. Little gutses they are - remind me of the way chickens run to get a feed of pellets or scraps. Anyway, the legal size ones that we saw (est 1kg) didn't come in. I ended up with 31 BIG & FULL scallops plus a native flat oyster and a small sand flattie. The oyster smelt OK but I wasn't game enough to eat it. Are they safe from the bay? I suppose if scallops are, then they should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2005, 21:49 
Fanatical Senior Member

Oh, where was my bloody invite? Only kidding. :lol:
Had a grouse day out on Q'cliff in the Sybian. First headed out to the Lonsdale Bight and for a few squid. Vis had to be 20m! Then went and dived around some scuba divers playing around near the wall. Bloody hell I'm glad I gave up that spot! It's nice now and then, but they are generally a bunch of wankers! After the dive we were sitting in the boat talking about what to do next, and one of the flock surfaced near the bouy. They must have lost the group or had sinus trouble or didnt want to piss in their drysuit? Who know. But fark me, the tossa had cats ears built into the hood of their wetty! I shit you not. When did that happen? Whay havent I seen that before? Do they buy them like that or have to make do it themselves? Sad sad sad!
Ran into a couple of old Bulldogs members. Cant rememebr their names but they knew Ange Perna and Rob.
Saw some good whiting, my mate managed one with a lovely gut shot.
End score, 15-20 squid, 1 kgw, 1 smallish trevally and sunburn.
One more thing. The water was pretty bloody warm? What was the temp on your homo watch Gig? How much did you stretch the depth gauge today? Got it to double didgits yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2005, 09:31 
Fanatical Senior Member

south935 wrote:
How much did you stretch the depth gauge today? Got it to double didgits yet?

Nice one "Rooster" (use your Thesaurus)

Only 5m this dive, 11.4m last one. What depth were you at with Catwoman?

Water was quite warm. Didn't look at the temp. Was hot in the 5mm wettie. May have to change to 3mm soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2005, 11:58 
Fanatical Senior Member

Not even sure it was a woman!

Post subject: good dive cup day
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005, 02:48 
Fanatical Senior Member

Had a pretty good dive of Shortlands bluff (Queenscliff) after checking the ocean and deciding it was to dirty. Saw a couple of sothern freedivers bobing about in a blow up, dont what they were doing in the boat but it didnt look like they were that keen to dive or they would have been in the water . Saw all the usual stuff and got a nice groper about the 2kg mark.
Greg.