It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:26

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 00:26 
Expert Member (SFD)

went down to portarlington for a fish yesterday arvo after debating weather or not to bring my dive gear, but chose not to for a few reasons (Dave u owe me a knife 8) ). got down there water was flat so we got in the boat and headed out, the vis heading out was a clear 8-10m from the surface got to our spot and it was on!! flatty and stuff around and nothing to write home about then the rod took of landed a little gummy just over size. Then all went back to normal for a bit. the water was flat and the sun was setting when the rod took off again from what seemed like a BIG snapper, swimming in one of the many huge bait balls on the sounder, it turned out to be another gummy this one was a little bigger but didn’t measure this one we came in for an early night but one of the best day fishing in a while. :P went out this morning was a little slow in the same spot as last night. After hooking up to a sea creature witch flexed my rod to the point that it was bending at the butt and to the point my shamano reel was flexing with drag was on full lock. The rough weather made the fight a little challenging :cry: it snapped my 20lb fire line, sounded like a gunshot and then I fell back on my arse :lol: wind picked up went back in all in all good times :P
will post pics soon 8)

stephen

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 11:00 
Fanatical Senior Member

i have hooked 2 fish that i could not stop in my life.
kingfish & jewfish. full on powerhouses!
is the area good or ether?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 11:19 
Expert Member (SFD)

yer i think it was like a huge gummy by the way it fought.