It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:25

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Kilcunda Yesterday
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 14:58 
Forum Member

Took the surf Rod to Kilcunda on Monday. Had the bait in the water just before dawn. Low tide was at 6.30am so I caught the incoming tide. It turned out to be a beautiful day weather wise, low swell too and a slight Northerly keeping the annoying seaweed away. I was the only one fishing this particular stretch of beach for the first few hours. There was about 8 surfers turn up, they went left of me but they were paddling more than they were surfing as there wasn't too much wave action. I ended up getting two salmon and two flatties. Two undersized Salmon went back. About 11am I decided to nip around to the Pier at Cowes to catch the last bit of the incoming tide. I managed 3 undersized pinkies that had to go back. Then the water went slack and the fish stopped biting so I went home. It was a nice day out all the same and the flattie was awesome baked in the oven and washed down with the worlds best beer - Coopers Red. I do hope to get out either spearing or line fishing this coming Sunday or Monday again if anyone is interested?