It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:27

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 22:15 
Forum Member

Nicola and I had a lovely break at Port Douglas last month. Here's a few of the nearly 200 pictures taken from our Olympus Tough. Most of these were taken by Nic from the surface as I had the Go Pro with me. I have way too much Go Pro footage to sort through with no real knowledge of what to do with it. Somebody help me please!? We did one trip from Cairns out to Flynn Reef, another trip from Port Douglas to the outer barrier reef at a place called Agincourt Reef and a trip to the Low Isles as well. These pictures are an amalgamation of those three spots. None of the photos have been doctored apart from re-sizing only. The trips were well run by the company, we were well fed, the water clarity was 10m minimum clearly and sometimes up to 25m as I could see the scuba people who I asked from time to time what depths they were reaching. It was around 30 degrees temperature in the water. It was stinger season, hence wearing the stinger suit. Never saw any Irikanji (check spelling) but at Flynn Reef there was quite a few moon jellyfish. I swam through them without a problem but Nic was uncomfortable and got out of the water at this point. This was the only spot we came across jellyfish in great numbers in our 9-ish hours in the water over the dive sites over 3 different days and it is stinger season. We came across 3 sharks, one of which is in a photo, a couple of big turtles and heaps of very colourful fish whos names I have no idea. Nic and I took our own mask and snorkel and were provided with flippers and stinger suits from the company. I wish I took my own flippers though. I got to use my new dive watch and recorded by deepest dives here which I was happy about as well. Well, it's the deepest my left wrist has been! Many of you people on this forum dive far deeper and for longer than me so you'd have a ball up there on the reef being able to go down and stay there for longer as well. Most of my dives were in the 4-5 metre zone which gave me good opportunities to see many different fish and corals, twice it was recorded that I passed 6 metres. So from these pictures you can see that there is a lot to see at these depths and I highly recommend anyone reading this that loves their free diving and spearfishing that this makes for a great trip to take your missus on so you can get some free diving practice in! Imagine if you could dive 10 to 15 or 20 in these waters, it would be unbelievable!
Anyway, I could go on and on. We also did the Atherton Tablelands, Kuranda, Mossman Gorge, Cape Tribulation, Port Douglas Eateries and more! If you want some recent and current advice about the region, PM me. I hope you enjoy the pictures!
All the Best!

Attachments:
GBR111.jpg
GBR111.jpg [ 55.97 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR101.jpg
GBR101.jpg [ 73.29 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR91.jpg
GBR91.jpg [ 87.17 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR81.jpg
GBR81.jpg [ 53.09 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR71.jpg
GBR71.jpg [ 19 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR61.jpg
GBR61.jpg [ 86.78 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR51.jpg
GBR51.jpg [ 41.74 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR41.jpg
GBR41.jpg [ 31.58 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR31.jpg
GBR31.jpg [ 52.99 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR21.jpg
GBR21.jpg [ 33.99 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]
GBR11.jpg
GBR11.jpg [ 83.15 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 08:57 
Novice Member

Simply amazing, definitally gotta visit 1 day..