It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:35

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 15:37 
Expert Member (SFD)

yes the mofos actually are releasing a euro style gun - after all these years. I wrote an email to Undersea Australia & Sea Hornet probably 2 years ago saying that they should both manufacture a euro style gun and they are losing sales because they don't. So Undersea finally make one and some marketting guru that's probably on 80K then go's out and names it "The Godfather" and to make matters worse on their website on the Godfather page they have the quote "Chic Chic......Boom". Fuck me. What is the world coming to? Why couldn't they name it "the Don", "Kokoda" or "Pharlap" to put a bit of pure Aussie flavour into it! I suppose they are having a go.

pussy........4 eva

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 19:46 
Fanatical Senior Member

so will you be doing a product review for us all pus?

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 13:14 

Just had a thought 'pus; how 'bout offering them a bit of a compromise on the name?

If they wanted to keep their whole "Chic... chic... boom" theme going, but get a bit of Aussie flavour into it we could always suggest they rename their new Euro "Plugger"? :lol:

After Tony "Plugger" Lockett of course - a very Aussie nickname, and being Sydney-based they'd probably appreciate having a product named after an ex-Sydney Swans full-forward....

Mind you, I've got to agree; naming it "The Godfather" with the slogan "Chic... chic... boom".

Yeesh.

Ah well...

Anyone seen one/tried one? The spec's seem to read pretty well, but from the pic on the website I cant see a spear guide/support between the handle/barrel junction and the muzzle -> could lead to less accuracy than the original euro's (e.g. Picasso Century), and the barrel could get beat up by the spear as it exits...

Time will tell I guess.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2009, 21:40 
Administrator

The sticker, font, and name are horrid, but we need some actual experience with the gun to rate it.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2009, 21:43 
Expert Member (SFD)

I hope it comes with rubbers? In IFSN advertisment the gun in the photo doesn't have a rubber :P

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 13:31 
Administrator

Do you come with the new picasso gear leigh? Because in the next IF&SN addition i forecast pictures of you wearing it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 13:34 
Expert Member (SFD)

I put a post up in September this year about Undersea Australia's first euro style speargun....

Quote:
yes the mofos actually are releasing a euro style gun - after all these years. I wrote an email to Undersea Australia & Sea Hornet probably 2 years ago saying that they should both manufacture a euro style gun and they are losing sales because they don't. So Undersea finally make one and some marketting guru that's probably on 80K then go's out and names it "The Godfather" and to make matters worse on their website on the Godfather page they have the quote "Chic Chic......Boom". Fuck me. What is the world coming to? Why couldn't they name it "the Don", "Kokoda" or "Pharlap" to put a bit of pure Aussie flavour into it! I suppose they are having a go.

I can't believe it - they have produced the goods!! They have now released a top end euro style gun and named it "The Don". It's either a massive coincidence or someone in the company reads this forum. The gun itself is open muzzle and looks to have some really great features (although I would have put a white handle on it).

So .......3 votes goes to Undersea Australia. The legendary Donald Bradman would love it. God Bless "THE DON"

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 20:06 
Administrator

Octopussy wrote:
I put a post up in September this year about Undersea Australia's first euro style speargun....

Quote:

I can't believe it - they have produced the goods!! They have now released a top end euro style gun and named it "The Don". It's either a massive coincidence or someone in the company reads this forum. The gun itself is open muzzle and looks to have some really great features (although I would have put a white handle on it).

So .......3 votes goes to Undersea Australia. The legendary Donald Bradman would love it. God Bless "THE DON"

LOL.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 20:37 
Fanatical Senior Member

Sorry to disappoint. The gun is part of their Mafia range. The DON refers to a mafia crime boss not the cricketing great.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 22:51 
Expert Member (SFD)

lol theay must be prity desprite to look at a fourm for idears lol :P

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 09:57 
Expert Member (SFD)

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint. The gun is part of their Mafia range. The DON refers to a mafia crime boss not the cricketing great.

shattered. I take back the 3 votes.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 16:01 
Forum Member

wowzers nice looking gun pritty steep tho at over $500...meh

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 22:43 
Fanatical Senior Member

Can someone post a link please?

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 23:12 
Forum Member

http://www.spearguns.net.au/speargun_-_ ... ilgun.html
its a beast of a wepon!! 8)

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 20:33 
Administrator

Looks fairly boring as such, the handle is nice though the muzzle looks like the designer had a heart attack.