It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:39

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012, 13:34 
Fanatical Senior Member

I got an 80 litre ice box off these guys. It only arrived about 1.5 weeks after they said it would.
I split my old esky so figured it was time for an upgrade. I saw on their website that they have free delivery in Vic. and it only takes 2 days. It ended up taking 11.
after accepting payment they sent me an email saying it may take up to 5 days because it was Christmas, That would have been fair enough if it was still Christmas but it was the 9th of Jan. I rang them up telling them that i wanted it for last weekend and they said they'd get it out to me. Needless to say I was without an esky last weekend. I rang again tuesday and they said it had been sent and I'd get it within a day. It just arrived and its the wrong colour.
They are good ice boxes but they have absolutely pathetic customer service and I strongly recommend not dealing with them. There are plenty of quality ice boxes out there.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012, 15:24 
Fanatical Senior Member

Just measured the volume. what they call 80 litres is actually 75

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012, 16:21 
Expert Member (SFD)

When I brought mine I drove out and picked it up in Frankston; no dramas, picked up same day, good product. Would buy again.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012, 20:10 
Expert Member (SFD)

I got one of the Classic 40L in white but picked it up from the 'factory' (Instead of just importing I reckon you have to actually make something at a place to call it a factory). Very happy with it so far and my favorite part is not wasting money on party ice thanks to the ice sheets that came with it.

Besides the seals, is the any real difference between the Classic and Hybrid models?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 10:13 

:P :P :lol: :P :P

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 12:14 
Fanatical Senior Member

silentspearo wrote:
You should have research more before you order. :-)

I did do my homework, just didn't expect to be lied to. putting this post up means anybody else can do more accurate research without having to ask questions that have already been answered .

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 12:23 
Forum Member

would like to say something but been told to refrain myself from any further postings.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 13:27 
Fanatical Senior Member

silentspearo wrote:
would like to say something but been told to refrain myself from any further postings.

NO, you were asked to stop posting crap. Judging by the above post you didn't get the hint. I was only trying to help but because of your attitude you're on your own! You have a chip on your shoulder and your attitude sux for the record!

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 13:45 
Forum Member

Rhino,

Yes i was asked to stop posting craps. Define craps? Port Melbourne breakwall pic? First fish caught topic? Bluff Head? request dive buddy? weird topic? Questions?

The main reason is you asked me to stop posting because you dont want to receive notifications by me posting almost every topic

nah its not the chip on my shoulder. It's pushing me away rather than accept me. i just stand up. I'm used to people often push me away. Like you said because of me being deaf that others tiptoeing.

I have sent our PM to my fellows spearos. They didnt like what you sent to me.

Zed

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 13:57 
Fanatical Senior Member

You ungrateful fuck! I spent fucken ages trying to help you out and get you started on the right foot. You don't get a hard time coz your deaf, it's because you're an arrogant knob!

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 14:16 
Forum Member

Thanks for your nice comment. There you go showing your colour being a member of the Southern Freediver club and in the forum.

Like i said in pm regard between forum and club.

p.s i'm not the brightest nor intelligent spearo but i have the heart as a spearo. I was trying to understand what is the fuss of my "crap" posts since its a public forum.

Seems my fellow spearos was right about Southern Freedivers. I had to see for myself whether the club suits me or not. Looks like not happening. you loose a valuable client. Just like what i said in my other post. ( probably not as value in your case)

Cheers

Zed

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 14:55 
Fanatical Senior Member

Your welcome, anytime!

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 15:24 
Novice Member

silentspearo wrote:
Thanks for your nice comment. There you go showing your colour being a member of the Southern Freediver club and in the forum.

Like i said in pm regard between forum and club.

p.s i'm not the brightest nor intelligent spearo but i have the heart as a spearo. I was trying to understand what is the fuss of my "crap" posts since its a public forum.

Seems my fellow spearos was right about Southern Freedivers. I had to see for myself whether the club suits me or not. Looks like not happening. you loose a valuable client. Just like what i said in my other post. ( probably not as value in your case)

Cheers

Zed

From what i can see, youve got a massive "victim" mentality. Just because you are deaf, you cant expect to be treated any different on a forum. If you post stupid shit, you get stupid replies, regardless of who you are. Also, too me, you come across as a pretentious d-bag saying things like "i have the heart of a spearo". It is also unfair to generalise the actions of a few (many of which arent actually members of the SFD) against a club that from my experience (if you actually go to the meetings,dives), has been nothing but helpfull. I agreee with rhino, youve got a massive chip on your shoulder and you need to get over yourself mate.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 18:36 
Expert Member (SFD)

Silent, you won't find a nicer guy than Rhino when it comes to helping out new blokes. The fact he took the time to PM you instead of writing you off as a wanker shows that. People have been pretty patient until now, I don't think you'd have that problem any more.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 19:19 
Expert Member (SFD)

silent, im interested in who your fellow spearos are. also your a knob.