It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:22

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 21:06 
Fanatical Senior Member

The last message I got from this bloke replying to my message saying don't judge the club by my opinion only was threatening legal action. This is the sort of self righteous dickhead that makes it hard for other new members to integrate into the club! If anyone has a problem with how this was handled please pm me or other mods/admin! I'm happy to forward the acknowledged PM's if people believe this dribble!

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 21:34 

Not even sure what the hell he's making a big deal about. Legal action, fark me... I've only been a member of SFD for a couple of months and my experience with the club/members that I have dealt with is a complete contrast to what he is claiming. I guess you're going to get this shit from time to time with a public forum.

I'm also a member of the Aussie Home Brewer forum and you should see that place go off on a Saturday night with 200 members online at the same time and all pissed up on home brew! Anyone that starts posting crap gets utterly torn to shreds in about 5min flat. SFD forum members have been very tolerant in my opinion/experience.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 00:00 
Fanatical Senior Member

Greg wrote:
I got an 80 litre ice box off these guys. It only arrived about 1.5 weeks after they said it would.
I split my old esky so figured it was time for an upgrade. I saw on their website that they have free delivery in Vic. and it only takes 2 days. It ended up taking 11.
after accepting payment they sent me an email saying it may take up to 5 days because it was Christmas, That would have been fair enough if it was still Christmas but it was the 9th of Jan. I rang them up telling them that i wanted it for last weekend and they said they'd get it out to me. Needless to say I was without an esky last weekend. I rang again tuesday and they said it had been sent and I'd get it within a day. It just arrived and its the wrong colour.
They are good ice boxes but they have absolutely pathetic customer service and I strongly recommend not dealing with them. There are plenty of quality ice boxes out there.

Wow... you are definitely an extremely hard to please whinging something or rather of a customer. As you said 'they have free delivery', you ordered it at the MOST busy time of year for retailers and wholesalers, or should I say people that work. FYI, the Christmas period can vary from business to business with some combining the New Years gap between Christmas into one holiday and can roll it over into the new year with up to a week or two after. Some businesses also allow their staff to take holidays over this period and are therefore short staffed and should sales be busy, so are the staff.

I have purchased several products from the retail shop that they have set up within their warehouse and have found their customer service second to none, I have also found a crack in one of their products (when I got home) that I considered to be a general transporting/handling fault and they replaced it with no questions asked nor any bother.

Maybe you should have gone in there and had a look at the range for yourself, maybe on your way down to the peninsula for a dive or something.

As far as I am concerned, Techni Ice is a good company, with good customer service and policies who offer ‘direct to public’ wholesale pricing.

In summary; free delivery - yee ha, wrong colour - boo hoo, not getting it to you by the weekend - you wouldn't have needed it for any fish, crays or anything else you might catch while diving coz you seem to be too busy on this forum to dive, so WHO CARES GREG.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 00:46 
Fanatical Senior Member

We were away for the week and the 2 Techni ice eskis we took (out of the 4 we did take) kept ice as long as the other 2 eski's we took despite the other 2 being almost twice the price.

They are the real deal...

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 01:03 
Fanatical Senior Member

Wrong colour matters to me. White reflects better and keeps ice longer. That is a fact.

I could have got a different ice box but I ordered one from them because they said I would have it in 2 days.

As I said I needed a new one because the old one split. This only happened a couple of weeks ago, I did not have the time to get to Frankston on a weekday and I needed it for the weekend.

There is no way I would go down the Peninsula in school holidays by choice. I'm sure even you could understand that. I also live westside so don't go down there much at any time.

Tell me if you would be disappointed if you bought a 1m gun got it home and found it was only a 90cm job

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012, 13:55 
General Committee Member

Sorry for skipping back to this again!

Silent I've only been a member of SFD since May, I'm totally new to the club and I dont have one bad thing to say about it. If you went to some of the meetings to see for yourself istead of talking through your arse you'd probably know that. Everything I've learned about diving in Melbourne in the last 8 months was through SFD. The meetings, social dives, comps, bbq's are all there for people to attend where you'll get all the information you want. Most meetings even have gear on display that you can look at.

My advice to any newcomers is to go to the meetings, have a beer, meet everyone and learn from that. Don't listen to this clown!

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 16:27 
Expert Member (SFD)

kiwi_scott wrote:
When I brought mine I drove out and picked it up in Frankston; no dramas, picked up same day, good product. Would buy again.

That what I have done, about 20-30 minutes drive from Melbourne and no dramas. Very good product, probably the best I ever had.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 19:55 

I looked at the techni ice website because im looking at buying a 60 - 80L ice box. thought id swing past when im down that way for a dive. i did notice on the website that they have the colour as first preference and second preference not choose a colour.... they seem pretty cheap.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 20:31 
General Committee Member

I have 2 of their eskys. 1 purchased from the shop and the other delivered overnight. No probs and great service

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 20:38 
Expert Member (SFD)

I also bought one for the back of the jetski. Its Awesome. Delivered in 3 days from on-line order. Less than half the $ of equivelant models in G town. It's White too! Tough and strong! Sweet!

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 18:58 

Claire wrote:
I looked at the techni ice website because im looking at buying a 60 - 80L ice box. thought id swing past when im down that way for a dive. i did notice on the website that they have the colour as first preference and second preference not choose a colour.... they seem pretty cheap.

Bit off topic but pretty sure I spotted you today in the city carrying pink pilgrim bag?
Yes strong stalker here... Lol

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 17:22 
Administrator

I would have been annoyed also Greg, 11 days and wrong colour. Mistakes do happen though.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2012, 20:26 

Kurt wrote:
I would have been annoyed also Greg, 11 days and wrong colour. Mistakes do happen though.

yes very annoying!

Marmo, yes that sounds right, should i be concerned? pink is your favourite colour atm too.....

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2012, 20:37 

i reckon u should take me out for a spear claire..

:)lol

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 01:11 
Novice Member

bought one of the big 200 litre white eskies from them 18months ago and istalled it into the centre of my boat as a seat.its really copped a hiding and works brilliantly,only prob so far is that the hinge pins(which are moulded into the unit) are rusting and leaving ugly stains in the white esky.really pisses me off that for the sake of a few cents extra they didnt put a good grade stainless in.will drill em out eventually and replace but you shouldent have to!!!!!!!!!