It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:01

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Esclapez gear review
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 21:22 

English was never my strong point at school, so this is a very informal layout review, So wanted some spare gear and also needed some new gloves and knife,

Got a mask, soft snorkle, gloves, 3mm booties, medium knife.

Mask and snorkel, well they perform absolutely fantastic, just like my picaso ones, probly because they are exactly the same wouldn't be surprised if they were made in the same factory at the same time with just a different logo, but at under half the price I'm extremely happy

Snipper Gloves nice and tight fitting, warm and flexible

Booties, were them today they are a open cell style with looks like a metallic coating? but they keept me warmer then my 5mm ones, the sole had plenty of grip on rocks too

Knife, handle seemed a bit skinny at first but once with gloves on felt perfect, nice and sharp the handle locked in nice and tight takes a bit of effort to get out but think that was also due to trying it on my belt normally wear it on my leg.

Will be getting more gear when it becomes available, fins and gun are at the top of the list

Post subject: Re: Esclapez gear review
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 21:41 
Expert Member (SFD)

A 1 m exium is on my fathers day list 8)

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 21:58 

Yes, the Esclapez range looks good. I'll have to get a few bits and bobs myself. Certainly can't whinge about the price tags, very reasonable for good gear.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 13:14 
Expert Member (SFD)

Some of this Esclapez gear is starting to apear in my dive bag. Not sure how it got there. (well thats what I tell the other half lol)

The Knife looks and feel great, also locks in very nicely.. Just need to stick it in a Kingies head then I will comment further.

The Gloves feel great and are very warm. The stitching seems to be put together very well.

Price and Service is FANTASTIC

Cheers
Herman