It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:10

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: DIY rigging and Rubbers.
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2012, 19:48 
Forum Member

So my 1m gun needs new rubbers and some general TLC done to it, it runs twin rubbers and one needs to be installed on the head itself its not removable with out disassembling it. Ive done a bit of looking around on the net and it doesnt appear overly hard to rig a gun at home my self. I found this site which seems pretty good but was just after a bit more clarification.

http://www.bluewaterfreediversofwa.com/ ... age761.htm

I figure by the time I purchase two rubbers, bridals plus postage I would be nearly there for getting a complete rigging kit which would do me for a fair while.

Anyways thanks for any advice.

Rhys

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2012, 22:22 

I rigged up a 95cm gun about 2 months ago with a single 16mm - first time I did it, and it was actually pretty easy (I think I even followed that specific guide). I used a Rob Allen kit (came with two pre-fab bridals + beads, constrictor cord and a t-tool), plus I bought (a bit more than) a metre of Rob Allen bulk rubber.

Whole lot came to ~40 bucks, with enough rubber, bridals and constrictor cord for two power bands. Realistically next time I think I'll use a thicker dyneema for the bridal, but this one seems to be holding up just fine.

That guide is pretty much exactly what you need to do, though if you need to cut the old rubbers out, then obviously when you're putting the rubber together, do one end, slip it through the rubber hole in the gun, then loop it around and do the other side of the rubber.

Legendary have a good chart on their site as to what length rubber you should be putting on your gun. I followed that since I was dropping from a 19mm to a 16mm - though if the lengths you have on there now are fine, then stick with that.

You REALLY NEED to lubricate the bridal bead before inserting it into the rubber. BE LIBERAL. I wasn't liberal enough. I've not got a nasty scar on my left hand because there wasn't enough lube on the bridal bead, so i was using a bit of force to get it up in there (... that sounds wrong on so many levels ...) ... and the T tool slipped.... and stabbed myself in the hand with it, and it took a lot of skin with it. T tools are sharp. Good times. A good dab of vaseline on the end of the rubber in the hole should do the trick.

Also, make sure you don't tie the constrictor knot too tight... like, it needs to be tight, just not too tight, if you know what I mean... it can actually cut through the rubber.