It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:58

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 18:57 
Forum Member

just got myself a nice deal on a black "Cressi 3.5mm Comp Series Wetty"
A local shop down my way had it left over from a year ago and forgot they even had it.
its my first propper spearfishing wetty! any tips people would like to share in general about maintaining them and putting them on and
taking them off like (what soaps people use to put them on etc)

Cheers,

Menzies_

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 21:02 
General Committee Member

Use a drop of shampoo or conditioner in a bottle of warm water, give it a good swish around your suit then put it on. After every dive give it a good rinse in fresh water and let it completely dry on the line . Don't leave it lying somewhere for a week where it can't dry properly unless you want your suit full of bacteria. If you piss in your wetsuit it's a good idea to put a drop of detol in a bucket of water and rinse your suit in that prior to hosing it down.
When storing your suit you should keep it flat on a shelf or bench. I only fold my suit into my dive box a day or 2 before I go for a dive.

If you look after your suit it will last a lot longer.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 21:58 
Fanatical Senior Member

Fitzy_Eire wrote:
Use a drop of shampoo or conditioner in a bottle of warm water, give it a good swish around your suit then put it on. After every dive give it a good rinse in fresh water and let it completely dry on the line . Don't leave it lying somewhere for a week where it can't dry properly unless you want your suit full of bacteria. If you piss in your wetsuit it's a good idea to put a drop of detol in a bucket of water and rinse your suit in that prior to hosing it down.
When storing your suit you should keep it flat on a shelf or bench. I only fold my suit into my dive box a day or 2 before I go for a dive.

If you look after your suit it will last a lot longer.

Good tips above i do a similar thing. 8) When putting on wetsuit i use plenty of conditioner with water. Black & Gold brand $1.50 from the super market.

When washing wetsuit. i use a wet & dry suit shampoo from a company called Spetton. Put 1-2 capfuls in a trough of water and wash wetsuit inside and out. Then hose down and dry.

Geoff

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2013, 15:26 
Forum Member

cheers guys! yeah all good tips i have myn hanging up in my man cave!

Menzies-