It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:21

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 13:53 
Novice Member

Just put a deposit on a salvimar voodoo pro with reel and getting the muzzle swapped over for a roller kit . Green/black gun with green bands, trigger sensitivity adjustment , removable load stock , handmade spear with neat welded fins , nice and light and ergonomic sleek design , picking it up tomorrow all rigged up and with the roller fitted . Quote for the lot was $700 . Seems a little pricey imo . I heard rollers are good and you can adjust the power by wrapping the strings attached to the rubbers around 2 knobs instantly , I've only just gotten into spearfishing I had a pneumatic 70cm mirage razor enforcer which had bad accuracy but was really powerful and broke the string to the spear hence why I gotta purchase a new gun as there are no replacement spears anywhere.

Anyone used these vpro's with rollers before? Apparently it has the same power and distance as a 120cm double band ?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 20:02 
Fanatical Senior Member

They are a nice gun ....... particularly without the bloody roller...... enjoy anyway.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 16:02 
Novice Member

Well I just picked up my sniper rifle ;) and it technically does have double bands so screw all thos theories saying that double bands are more powerful than rollers because it has 2 bands and is allready under tension and utilises 100% of the barrel instead of 60% and the ropes holding the bands underneath can be made shorter to make more tension on the bands before it's loaded so that's even more power if required. I got 2 16mm bands. MVD roller head.

Very neat gun I'm happy.

Here's some pics

Attachments:
File comment: Rail
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 105.65 KiB | Viewed 4535 times ]
File comment: 3
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 110.43 KiB | Viewed 4535 times ]
File comment: 2
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 123.98 KiB | Viewed 4535 times ]
File comment: Mvd roller
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 122.06 KiB | Viewed 4535 times ]
File comment: 1
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 118.2 KiB | Viewed 4535 times ]

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 20:34 
Expert Member (SFD)

Quote:
Apparently it has the same power and distance as a 120cm double band ?

No offence mate but if you are spearfishing in VICTORIA a 120cm gun with twin bands is overkill most of the time! Unless you're hunting kings its way to much.

These roller muzzles are the in thing ATM. I've lost a few good fish over the years and every single one of them was my fault, nothing to do with the gun or its power. The roller muzzles just make the guns more complex and add another moving part that can break down. A gimmick. Same as adjustable trigger sensitivity, wire shark fin tabs on shafts, notches in the barrel (which your rubbers will cover when loaded anyway) for ease of tracking etc. Its like the new gun Sea Hornet is bringing out. It has a pin you pull making the mech removable, supposedly making it easier to clean. WTF is wrong with the old hose on jet, point blank into the mech??? Its worked up until now why change it??

1m or 90cm gun made of quality components. No gimmicks. Either pipe or rail, doesn't matter. 16 or 19mm band. 6.5mm shaft. Perfect for Vic. There's plenty around for $300-$400.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 12:02 
Fanatical Senior Member

^ is pretty much on the money. That being said shooting pinkies in clear water with a 120 can be fun but there is no way I would buy a 120 as a first or only gun in Vic and no way that I would bother with rollers again unless I was hunting very big fish in dirty water.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 20:00 
Expert Member (SFD)

Octopussy wrote:
1m or 90cm gun made of quality components. No gimmicks. Either pipe or rail, doesn't matter. 16 or 19mm band. 6.5mm shaft. Perfect for Vic. There's plenty around for $300-$400.

This.