It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:18

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 17:06 
Novice Member

Hello,

My name is Khanh, from SE suburbs, currently looking at getting started with spear fishing.

I currently snorkel/freedive occasionally and I've been to the back beaches a fair few times and having chats with the regular spear fishers have gotten me hooked.

Will probably pick-up a hand/pole spear soon as a spear-gun might be overkill for now. My swimming ability is reasonable but I'll be trying to get into better shape.

Khanh

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 20:56 
General Committee Member

Howdy Seano, hopefully we'll see you at the next meeting

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2016, 18:16 
Novice Member

Hi everyone!

I'm quite new to spearfishing but very keen to learn more and improve my hunting skills! Would love to know where I can get good advice about spearfishing and have a good chat about it all!

Cheers,

Waanunga

Post subject: Adelaide
PostPosted: 25 May 2016, 12:26 
Novice Member

Hi,
I've just moved to Adelaide and I'm looking for people to dive with. I'm a complete beginner to spear fishing although I've been SCUBA diving for years and I'm comfortable in the water.
Anyone out there feel like taking a dopey newbie under their wing & showing them the ropes?

Not sure how, but I'm sure I can find a way of making it worth your while :)

regards,
Chris

PostPosted: 26 May 2016, 10:09 
Administrator

Hey Chris,

Welcome...

SFD is a Victorian Spearfishing club that is based in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
Not sure if you were after freediving/spearfishing in VIC, but i can give you some info anyway.

There is also a club based in port fairy that is still in VIC but closer to SA.
http://www.shipwreckcoastskindivers.com/
They have a Facebook group and post up stuff there.

There are other Spearfishing and/or Freediving clubs and Facebook groups in Victoria and of course there is this forum (feel free to browse around).

If you were after spearing / Freediving in SA, there is a Facebook group "SA spearfishing".
Might be worth getting onto that to get some dive buddies in SA.

If you come over closer to Melbourne, feel free to come along to our club dives (competitions that accommodate social divers too) or meetings to find local dive buddies.
We also have a dive buddies section on this forum where people post up asking for dive buddies from time to time.

Hopefully this gives you enough info to start.

-Stoj

PostPosted: 27 May 2016, 13:32 
Vic Records Officer

Hey Chris, the SA spearfishing FB group is called SA Spearfishing Extreme

PostPosted: 28 May 2016, 00:06 
Novice Member

Thanks fellas, that's very helpful!
good hunting

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2016, 19:17 
Expert Member (SFD)

Hello all, I was at the meeting last night and joined up but I am just wondering how I get my members access. Thanks for the great meeting last night.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2016, 21:01 
Novice Member

Hi All, thought id drop a line and introduce myself. I am an Offshore Kayak fisho looking to get into the Free Diving (young bloods spearfishing got my bugged !!!!). Currently based in Nth Bris on the bay in QLD but will be relocating back to grass roots - Geelong Vic, so looking forward to diving back home. Haven't got any gear as yet, so any start up suggestions most welcome. The team at Adreno have been very helpful so far but yet to make any purchase decisions yet.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2016, 23:35 
Novice Member

Hello everyone,

Im an intermediate scuba diver and have found a new passion in free diving. I especially want to learn the art of catching crayfish. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of location around morning peninsula? I often go to portsea/blairgowrie. Not looking for anyones 'secret spot', just looking for a place to start :) TIA

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2016, 17:24 
Novice Member

Hi there, I grew up in Hamilton Vic and this February I'm moving to just East of Warrnambool to work at the Iona Gas Plant. I've done a lot of snorkeling over the years but I've never tried spearfishing. Whilst in Perth I was worried about sharks, in Darwin it was the Crocs and big tides. Apart from getting in the water out near Julia Percy Island I'd love to give it a crack. I have some fins, just need a 5mm wetsuit and a gun. See you around.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2017, 09:49 
Novice Member

Gday! Happy New year!

My name is Luis and i am new to these forums. Ive been a casual spearo for a few years and im looking to go spearfishing with like people :)

cheers
Luis

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2017, 11:01 
Fanatical Senior Member

Hey guys,

Welcome to the forum. If you guys search hard enough, theres plenty of info on the site in regards to getting started into spearfishing or freediving. The other option is to come down to our monthly meeting which are "normally" held on the first Tuesday of every month. Here you can meet quite a few of our members, listen to recent dive reports and get to ask them in person some of your questions.

Thanks

Geoff

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 22:42 
Novice Member

Hi All,
My name is Nick and I used to live in Mentone and Rye and did a bit of spearing in the bay and occasionally the back beaches. I haven't dived/snorkeled for a few years but with kids (1yo and 3yo) now numerous beach holidays are on the horizon eg Wilsons prom, though I live in Mansfield. So I'm keen to get back into spearing. I'm looking at getting a more serious gun to upgrade from my undersee phantom 750 I bought back in 2005 - looking at a Picasso cobra rail gun in 100cm. Anyway I look forward to perusing the forums and hopefully meeting a few of you out on trips.
Thanks.
Nick.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 17:59 
Novice Member

Hi Guys and Gals,

Names Dan. Thought I'd sign up and get in on this venture. Totally new to the sport of Spearfishing (known about it for ever).
Lived by the Ocean for the greater part of my life in some form or another. Had a stint in surfing for awhile. Been out of the water for number of years now, Bar the odd swim/pier jump.

So, I've been reading and searching as much info as I could to gear up. Just been snorkeling to get a feel for the equipment so far.
I'm based in West Rosebud.

Later.
Dan

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next