It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:34

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2015, 08:55 
Novice Member

Hey everyone,

I am fairly new to spearfishing as I got my setup last year, I joined the forum because I would like to learn what there is to know and become a better spearfisher. I am keen to go out for a paddle all through the year and don't mind going out for a night dive! I am interested in joining and coming to a club meet.

Cheers, Jordan.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015, 16:36 
Novice Member

Hi all,

I am new to spearfishing and was hoping to join the club but when I went to the monthly meeting this month (2nd Tuesday of the month (13th of October) 8 pm Victorian Game Fishing Club rooms) no one appeared to be there? Is the club still active or did I get the wrong time/place?

Sorry if this is not the right forum to post this question

Cheers

Sean

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 20:40 
Novice Member

Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Dan, I'm from the SE suburbs and I am new to spearfishing. I wanted to try my hand at it last year, but didn't get a chance. Good news is, I'm all geared up now so I don't have any more excuses. Ha ha. I really like the forum. Lots of information. Cheers.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2015, 21:07 
Novice Member

Hello,

After doing a bit of research on spearfishing and using most of the info on this site, which has been really useful, I finally registered on the forum. It's also been useful in getting me hooked on the idea of spearfishing.

I'm new to spearfishing and haven't had any experience yet :(, but I'm now geared up and keen to join in on the fun! I like fishing with a rod, but thought I would try my hand at catching fish under the water. I'm from the SE suburbs and would be grateful if any experienced divers would be willing to let me tag along on a casual outing as I don't have any friends that share an interest in spearfishing. I would be willing to travel around the bay and I take instruction well.

Cheers,

Dan

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2015, 10:26 
Novice Member

Howdy - I'm Mark and I live on a farm in Drouin. I've been rock-hopping every now and then since I was a teenager...but really only just now starting to think about getting more serious about it. My favorite spot would have to be Dark Point on Bennetts beach in Port Stephens. Looking forward to making more time to get in the water this summer! Thanks for the friendly and informative forum! I look forward to making a contribution.

Mark.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2015, 12:23 
Expert Member (SFD)

Hello spearos,
I'm Ben, iv been spearfishing for around a year but just recently I picked up a gun for my birthday. I'm turning 15 in November. I love spearfishing. Spearfishing for me has meant to going all around the bay. I'm glad that there is a forum on spear fishing because now I can share my big fish with with you and some great spots! I go every Sunday spear fishing so you may see me out at Black rock some where, or the occasional Flinders, that is if you are Victorian. Id love to find out some Cray fishing spot to land but I have no idea. I have been to the spots at flinders but i cant find any rocky caverns of stuff Cray would be able to live in.

I have no idea of and comps but I really would love to compete.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2015, 12:46 
Novice Member

Hi guy's been spearing in the warmer months for the last couple years and usually get out alone so limit myself to 4m to stay safe but looking to get a bit more serious about it and push a bit deeper so look forward to learning from you guys, originally from geelong and currently living in Williamstown so hopefully make a few dive buddies along the way!

Cheers seedy

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 00:12 
Fanatical Senior Member

Apologies to the new forum members that have tried to introduce themselves over the last few weeks/months. Unfortunately with my lack of IT skills and this section still relatively being new, I was unaware that I had to approve your posts in this section??? (As I've never had to before) and I have accidentally just stumbled across them sitting in my moderator box.

They have been approved and I will check my control panel on a more frequent basis for future posts.

Thanks

Geoff

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 14:24 
Novice Member

Hi, i'm Dennis and i have just started spear fishing, heaps of experience at snorkelling and scuba diving and even used to use a sling about 20 years ago, just picked up 2 new spear guns and super keen to get out there, i hope to receive heaps of guidance here and meet like minded people.

man! now it sounds like i'm on a dating site!

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2016, 21:14 
General Committee Member

Hey mate, best thing to do is come along to a meeting. They are on the 1st Tuesday of every month at the Victorian Game Fishing Club, 7.30pm.

If you're looking for a date you're probably best to speak to Mitch, he likes that sort of thing.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2016, 11:23 
Novice Member

Hi everybody
I'm from France where I learnt spearfishing. Someone will sent me all my stuff to do so here.
I'm carpenter and I made speargun in France, I made a YouTube movie : fabien baubigny speargun.
I'm looking forward to meet free diver here
Cheers

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2016, 00:02 
Vice President

Fitzy. Firstly I would like to address that no, I do not like dating other guys.

Secondly, I have a girlfriend.

Thirdly, if you went on a date with him, you would most likely leave early, or stay late enough to get disqualified. You'd be the first known person alive to be disqualified from an online dating site.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2016, 12:18 
Expert Member (SFD)

My name's Matt and I've just joined SFD.
I used to do a lot of Spear fishing as a kid but just getting back into it as a much older kid and getting my son and daughter interested in snorkelling and later spearfishing when they're old enough! Grew up in Black Rock but have been living overseas for a few years and only just returned to Australia at the end of 2014. Living back in Bayside now.
Hoping to learn more about spearfishing and free diving over the coming years!

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2016, 21:42 
Fanatical Senior Member

Welcome aboard. 8)

Please feel free to come down to our meetings where you will get to have a chin wag with a decent amount of spearos (20+ On most occasions) and hopefully get to learn more about our club/comps/social meets/etc

If you haven't already done so jump in the new forum members sections and go through most of the page and this way you will get some basic info in regards to our comps.

Meetings are 1st Tuesday of every month.

Geoff

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016, 18:25 
Expert Member (SFD)

Hiya all
My name is Sean, originally from the UK in 2010, but got my citizenship last November. I only started spearfishing the other month, and after seeing lots of Facebook posts about join a club I went the meeting in January. I am in Bayswater but go out at least once per week to PPB, keen to learn more and hopefully improve a lot. Hope to meet a lot of dive buddies, I have a great sense of humour, and being a tradie can take a lot of stick :). Prob be the butt end of a lot of laughs being new to the game, but we all started somewhere and it fun.
Anyway, hope to meet a few of you again on Tuesday.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next