It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 13:17

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Forum rules
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2005, 22:47 
Fanatical Senior Member

Basically, you are free to post what ever you want - within reason. The admin won't moderate posts unless the posts get too personal, or the Southern Freedivers committee ask us too.
Please keep in mind that this site is for people of all ages, but I'm not going to put on any language filters or delete every single expletive. Use your own common sense.
The aim of this forum is to be informative, and to have a bit of fun.

Enjoy.

Last edited by south935 on 01 Feb 2007, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2006, 12:04 
Fanatical Senior Member

Hi guys

Just a quick update to remind users to look at forum rules from time to time to refresh their memory (see extract below).

Whilst, for the sake of our entertainment and enjoyment, we welcome humour and poetic license, we have to bear in mind that this is an official club site and offensive material is not welcome and, therefore, will not be tolerated.

We are lucky enough to have astute individuals within our governing bodies at both the state and national level - people who are constantly working to promote our sport and maintain or promote its image in a positive light. This will help us when debate on important issues such as marine parks or fishing regulations take place. It would be disappointing, at the very least, if a few individuals undermined that hard work by posting messages that can be used by others to taint the image we are trying to build.

It has also come to light that we are receiving some SPAM posts from overseas which I have deleted. I will be liasing with South935 to determine what content is acceptable and what needs to be deleted. I politely request your assistance in ensuring we can continue to use this space to communicate freely and effectively amongst our spearfishing friends.

Cheers

Gigantor

PS to recap on conditions of registration:

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 13 years of age

I Agree to these terms and am under 13 years of age

I do not agree to these terms

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007, 15:40 

gday south ,
as u can c i`ve just recently joined and am interested in all facets of fish info .
"State my case" 4 SS ? - Not sure what is reqd.

History - old member of portland bronze whalers , usf something (cant remember the last letter ) in perth , dandenong ( when the meetings were at the top of Jacksons rd ). Do I need 2 come 2 a meeting 2 show u i`m 1 of the "normals" , or is it better 2 b abnormal.

gs (another greg).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007, 16:00 
Fanatical Senior Member

G'day mate

Don't worry about SS. Only ever been 2 or 3 posts in there.
Ever get any kings down at Portland?

Quote:
Do I need 2 come 2 a meeting 2 show u i`m 1 of the "normals" , or is it better 2 b abnormal.

You've lost me there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007, 16:27 

no - we spent most of our time on the bread and butter - crays , trump,sweep,mowies, salmon,whiting - when I left there in `77( yeh i`m an older fart ) kingies were only then starting to be targeted around st lawrence rocks and north shore - whenever i went there it was only big salmon ! Although danny heaver ( ex bulldogs ) got a 35 lb fish in the harbour in about 1973 .Cape bridgewater is one of the places i would have expected to see a school , but we never did.
It sounds like the story in another forum on kings at portland was at st l rocks ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007, 22:55 
Fanatical Senior Member

was that from last year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2007, 10:28 

no - :oops: sorry it was actually part of the "vic challenge" story in the jan/mar issue of int. freediving by koops - when he talks about a 5-6 metre shelf , I imagine the area bw st.lawrence rocks and point danger ; but I`ve been known to be wrong before !

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2007, 16:16 
Fanatical Senior Member

hes a wanker. Probably got them at north shore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2007, 11:19 
Forum Member

south935 wrote:
hes a wanker. Probably got them at north shore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2007, 21:59 
Novice Member

Yep - hes a wanker allright.
But he did write a good story. I especially liked the bit when his mate Ian shot the kingy from under him :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2007, 21:56 
Forum Member

So did I. Ian was obviously sick of 'koops' pulling crays from underneath him