It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:48

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Indonesia
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2017, 19:38 
Novice Member

Hey Guys,
I am heading to Indo for a few months starting in March and finishing up when i run out of cash. I will be mostly surfing, but i am keen to take the gun and stuff with me as well. just looking for some general info on spearing in Indo, places to go, fish to target, gear that i will need. i am starting in Sumatra then to Bali, Sumbawa, Nusa lembongan, Lombok, Sumba and roti most likely. i have a 120 reel gun, i think that this would be a pretty decent set up and capable of taking on some good fish in Indo? whats the go with travelling with a speargun logistically?
Thanks in Advance, Riley!

Post subject: Re: Indonesia
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2018, 20:43 
Novice Member

If you’re an Aussie they’ll probably take the gun off you on arrival in Indonesia, if you’re Indonesian then you can come and go with spearguns. You might be able to pay off customs, but it might get expensive. Bali has a few good charters and they supply all gear, Lombok has a couple of local charters as well. Ambon looks to be a good spearo destination with a good shop there, active spearfishing community and best of all big fish. Good luck!