It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:50

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 14:21 
Novice Member

Jaws wrote:
I don’t think she should be sprayed with an AK or anything like that

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The points made are valid. however, I strongly believe that mental health (at least in this case) had nothing to do with it. I also maintain the belief that she was being shifty, body langauge reveals a lot about people.

I think this thread has had its day, probably time to close it.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 15:11 
Fanatical Senior Member

Jaws, I am reading between the lines here ... not interested.
I'm taking that picture down, it worries me that you have access to it... :P

Yes mental ablity/health has everything to do with it (crime). You can go to jail for 10 years or in an institution for 2 depending on what you have done
and how crazy you are. This is how things work, get with the program. She was elderly, get with the program. Maybe she had parkinsons and was shaking.
if you said something to her I am sure you would have been a little more certain, rather then speculative in your assesment of her mental state/dodginess and posted something a little more cosidered and not misleading.

The only reason am speaking out is because if a "guest" read that they would think you are a fish nut and live in a fish house with a fishy wife (not taking a cheap shot at your lady, or you here - just kiddin) and don't care about how old people "remember the war". :P

Tired of this. 8)

(all in good humour)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 15:25 
Administrator

The law is the law, get over it.

Closing this stupid debate.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 15:47 
Fanatical Senior Member

Haha I have the keys! :lol:

Jazz, one fish per species? Fucken ridiculous champ, how you supposed to feed the family with one whiting? Trevally? Etc.

No need to lock the discussion Mr Cranky, everyone's playing nice!

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 15:58 
Fanatical Senior Member

Rhino wrote:
Jazz, one fish per species? Fucken ridiculous champ, how you supposed to feed the family with one whiting? Trevally? Etc.

Easy...dive 40mtrs with handspear :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 18:03 
Novice Member

nigz wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Easy...dive 40mtrs with handspear :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 18:06 
Forum Member

if shes taking undersized fish she deserves to be fined. she broke the law, she pays the price.

everyone needs to know the driving laws before they get their licence. so everyone should know fishing regulations before they go fishing. its common sense. And i could be certain she wouldnt have a fishing licence either.

Goldberg i would have done the same thing as you, however i may have tried talking to her a little bit first.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 18:16 
Fanatical Senior Member

-Don't get your Knickers in a twist fellas. I am sure you have all broken "The Law" in one way or another without care for the consequences. Make sure you
report your self next time you do! Don't want to be a hypocrite or anything. :lol:

-Don't complain about dwindling fish stocks if you are not ready for drastic measures to fix the problem. Being to afraid to approach a granny and explain
that what she is doing is wrong and then going to whine about it on a spearfishing forum, that's really a good start isn't it?

-How are you meant to feed your family on one fish? Don't. Go to the shop and buy some food. Recreational fishing is not an economical way to sustain your family.

-Who ever said about catching fish at 40 meters? I smell a character assassination! :shock:

So blah! :evil:

:P

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 22:50 
Fanatical Senior Member

well the fact is she was doing something illegal.. and you will never be certain if she is aware or not. but obviously if she is aware and you go up and speak to her she will just wait until you have gone... unless you want to tell her she is doing the wrong thing and then sit there the whole night watching her...

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 08:35 
Forum Member

twitch wrote:
well the fact is she was doing something illegal.. and you will never be certain if she is aware or not. but obviously if she is aware and you go up and speak to her she will just wait until you have gone... unless you want to tell her she is doing the wrong thing and then sit there the whole night watching her...

obvious your a dik that knoes no bounds and talks on the forums for the sake of talkin on tha forums twit. you r 1 of them glass is half empty guys.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 11:17 
Administrator

Tangers wrote:

obvious your a dik that knoes no bounds and talks on the forums for the sake of talkin on tha forums twit. you r 1 of them glass is half empty guys.

My eyes are burning.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 16:39 
Fanatical Senior Member

Tangers wrote:

wow i didnt realise that it was possible to be that unclear and illiterate...

naww i think its soo cute that youve given me a nickname... must mean ive got a special place in your heart....

as i think i said in another post in response to one of your vauge and nonsensical posts, talking around a topic is known as CONVERSATION... topics that arent open to conversation and debate, are locked.... one of the main purposes of a forum is to provide open conversation and debate.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 18:12 
Forum Member

One old lady bagging a couple of under size flatties is gonna end the world, it shouldn't happen, they don't think for the future but the amount of under size fish the get discarded or sold at the markets by pro's are what's gonna to do the damage, these types of people need to be regulated.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 09:07 
Fanatical Senior Member

Cham, I thought the post was dead, but I agree with you there. I heard a story where a trawler had just done its thing and left thousands, upon thousands
of jouvi leather jackets floating dead on the surface. There are much worse problems than old ladies. One of them is guys smashing places until the
fish are completely traumatised or there are only jouvies left. But anyway, I am sure that a meeting would be a better place to learn about and discuss these issues so I am going to start attenting when I come back from overseas.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 12:31 
Fanatical Senior Member

You should know and adhere to the rules when doing any activities, if you can't for whatever reason, then maybe you shouldn't be doing that activity.

As for the topic of having a chat to her, old people can get really aggressive if you try to change their established way of doing something. I told a guy at a service station that he can't fill up while smoking, and he tried to take my head off with his walking stick...now this old woman had a knife...