It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:07

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2013, 15:08 
Vic Records Officer

Hermstar wrote:
Look out for Large Silver Fish with spots down there sides in that area 20-40lb!

Shhhhhh ;-)

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2013, 11:14 
Fanatical Senior Member

I have dived there on a few occasions. Only worth a look at top of flood. And obviously only after period of no rain. A walk out on jetty will soon tell if worth it. ( not often ). Would maybe eat a Snapper from here. Would never eat a Jew from here.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2013, 22:18 

I almost went today after work, instead of putting my gear in the car I hopped into bed sleept lol,

Keen to go down soon but hopIng the rain passes

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2013, 15:28 
Forum Member

I fish this structure a bit. we catch bream and pinkies here often. There are fish in there too big to get out from the pylons on light tackle. I have often though of taking my gear and having a look what's under the water but thought it may be a little unstable.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 23:04 
Novice Member

Looks like " Hook Line and Sinker" have been fishing there as their show this weekend is based in Melbourne and showed them fishing there.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2013, 10:15 
Novice Member

jumped in at princes pier on sat morning - vis was not great at all (3m-ish) and might have affected my chances of seeing anything - but despite looking to be a great habitat for fish with mussels and other marine vegetation all over the old pylons i did not see one fish, even anything tiny on the pylon vegetation...

there are definitely decent fish there at times, as thursday lunch i shot down from work to check it out and one of the guys on the wharf had just pulled in a 55cm snapper. he reckons he has caught a couple like that in the past week.

not sure i'll be heading back - unless it is very clear vis and i can't be bothered driving further away

has anyone else checked it out recently?