It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 09:12

All times are UTC+11:00

Who's "livin' the life" best - Brett or Ozdog?
Brett (Illingworth) 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Ozdog 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 15
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2013, 15:17 

For years now Brett (Illingworth) has relentlessly,...

... remorselessly, ....

and on a disgustingly regular basis, been posting threads about his "pleasant afternoon's" out on the water with odie/blacky/etc.

You tend to get the impression that if he wanted to figure out how many days he'd got out for a dive for over the course of a year, it'd be much quicker to figure it out by counting the days he didn't get in for a dive.

I don't know about you guys, but being landlocked much of the time and with the dive-withdrawal symptoms biting hard, it became all a bit hard to take after a while.

It just sickened me I tell's ya!

And I daresay there's more than a few of you out there, marooned in an office, shackled to a desk out of your willingness to be "workin' for da man" (in return for keeping food on your table, your kids in school and a roof over your collective heads) who are feeling the same way.

But now there's a new contender.

A new kid on the block who's been giving Brett a real run for his money in the contest to "sicken us all".

Yep, ever since Ozdog and his missus upped sticks and moved to W.A., he has (and with monotonous regularity), been posting threads offering some seriously high-quality escapist content.

Now Brett's been at this caper for years. He's clocked up a heap of "runs" on the board.

But ever since Oz moved out west his "batting" has improved out of sight - with the quality of the things he's been getting up to, I reckon every thread he's been posting since the move has been a "six" as compared to the "single" of a "pleasant afternoon" thread from Brett.

And because of that, I reckon he's been catching up to Brett at a-mile-a-minute in the "livin' the life" stakes.

So what do ya reckon folks?

Just who do you think is winning at "living the life"? Bear in mind I'm talking about on a cumulative basis here.

Who do you think has the most "runs" on the board? Brett or Oz?

And you can only vote for one.

Place your votes; this should be interesting - and feel free to post with comments as to why you voted the way you did.

Cheers all!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2013, 16:17 
Fanatical Senior Member

As great as Oz's life seems I don't think he gets to spend much time in the water these days. Brett by a whisker.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 17:58 
Forum Member

Lol that is gold dude.anotherlol. Maybe the funniest post ive read. reckon it'd be pretty even. Maybe oz by one or two due to the fact he's travelling or travelled from what I can recall

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 17:59 
Fanatical Senior Member

Its on! :twisted: Brett doesen't have to travel 400klm to get his exhaust replaced and a new radiator from all the bush explorations on the Fitzroy river. As a famous man once said "gone like last weeks pay".....
Greg is spot on, im not diving nearly as much as i would like. :cry:
I will be interested to see how all the 'Desk Cru' vote on this one......
have a beer for me!
oZ. :P

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 07:56 
Fanatical Senior Member

OK game on OZ, Bit of a timeline difference. A little bit of perspective comparison required. I am 55 years old. I have dived nearly EVERY day since Oz has been alive. (I have dived more than a shitload before that also.) My first taste of a snorkel was in 1962. My first taste of a regulator was in 1969. I have dived very extensively all over ( and I do mean ALL) Australia, as well as lots of exotic and not so exotic locations in the South Pacific and a few in Asia. Between 1982 and 1986 my girlfriend/wife and I circumnavigated Australia several times in a VH Valiant/ XC Falcon panel van and several jaunts in a 1973 Kombi Camper. That Kombi did the Gibb River Road in 1985.
When I awake every morning, my very first thoughts are about the wind direction and strength and where I am going to go. My last thoughts are about tomorrows wind directions and strengths and where I am going to go.
Staying power and runs on the board, plus I can drink Oz under the table and still enjoy a dive the next day. The day that I wake and do not want to go for a dive/sail/surf/jetski will probably be my last. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 10:17 
Fanatical Senior Member

ok give him the Trophy :mrgreen: ! well its 30 degrees again today with NO wind and NO clouds (for the next 3-5 months). Brett has done all the shit i am doing. I have had a beer with him and talked about it. Damn i miss Melbourne. not the huge amount of people, but the Ocean. i live in a "DRY" community. i vote Brett too........

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 17:56 
Forum Member

Youakija-lol Brett that's gold about before u sleep wind d an when u wake.cracker man

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 17:57 
Forum Member

Youakija-lol Brett that's gold about before u sleep wind d an when u wake.cracker man