It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:17

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: South Oz trip
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2013, 11:52 
Novice Member

Hi guys! After new year going to Beachport/Robe area for a week.Besides doing some line fishing going to try spearing as well.Being a beginner and not very familiar with the area need some advice/tips.I want to try places like 'Salmon Hole'. Being very protected and no boat traffic would be my advantage i guess.Many thanks in advance for any tips or thoughts.

Post subject: Re: South Oz trip
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 11:10 
Fanatical Senior Member

hey bloke, cool coast gets very dirty from the sand/lime stone any swell and you will have to wait 4-5 days for it to clear up (im talking pea and ham soup)!!!. very sharky, heeps of crays & abs, little fish life, best SA brew is DR Tims by Coopers! cheers oZ :P

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 13:02 
Novice Member

Cheers OZ! I guess there is only one way for me to find out if its going to worth it or not! So i'll keep looking for protected beaches.If its too bad my fishing rods will always be ready!

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 13:21 
General Committee Member

Was in Robe a while back and fluked 4 flat clean days. There are a couple of carparks through town on the coast facing west ( West of lake butler). Easy entry and plenty of area to dive. Conditions must be good.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3840&p=33496&hilit=robe#p33496

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 11:43 
Novice Member

Been there from 3rd till 9th. 5 out of 6 days there is howling winds,cold and rain.every now and than find a little window and done some line fishing without much success!Saying that on the Beachport pier there was heaps of jumbo size yakkas every night.They were bit tricky to catch but still everyone was having a ball.On the 4th I've try to dive but vis. was about 0.5-1mt.On the 8th seas bit calm down but there was not much of a edible fish activity.Got some abolones and come across to quiet a few under size crays!thats pretty much it.