It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:59

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Vanuatu & Niue
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2014, 08:37 

The missus has taken a new job so off on a holiday in March before she starts. She was after a relaxing beach holiday so I suggested Niue and maybe Vanuatu. Amazingly, no beaches in Niue - just coral atoll cliffs into deep clear water populated by a huge amount of fish life with deep drop offs within 100 metres of shore. Who woulda guessed it? :lol: And apparently, they have wahoo...as does Vanuatu. Anyhoo, I've been scouring through the internet and trying to tee up spearfishing without having to bring guns, floats and floatlines to keep down on baggage weight. If anyone has got any contacts in Vanuatu that could help it would be greatly appreciated - charters etc. Considering buying a cheap gun when there. Air NZ is very strict with weight and we'll be taking small planes so a 2metre gun bag might be pushing it. Staying at Iririki in Vanuatu and it seems the spearing is done off Lelepa Island in that area. Niue will be interesting but it's the off-season and mostly doing scuba for 3 days but fingers crossed will be able to get out to their fads. Will post some photos when I return. Cheers.