It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:10

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 23:12 
Novice Member

wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for info on how to read weather/wind/tide info to get some better dives in off the shore.. I've got my head around wind and bay location etc but i keep ending up in the water with shiiiiiiiiiit visibility.. is it touch and go or can you clinically look at the weather apps to get an idea of if its going to be good? eg. if its been windy the last few days, will that mean murky water etc? had a dip at bird rock, liptrap today and couldnt even see the end of my spear :)

Just sucks getting excited about a dive and get in the water and its crap. Also, can anyone help me with picking the right tide? low/high/incoming/outgoing?

Thanks heaps!! Jez

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 00:02 
Fanatical Senior Member

Hey Jez,

If you havent already done so. Check out the weather section in the New Forum Members area.
-One of the important points in that section is that if you have 2-3 days of offshore winds, this will generally clear up most areas.
In other words dont just jump in the ocean the 1st day it starts to blow northerly and expect the vis to be great.

As for your ? Regarding tides i guess it depends on where your diving and what you are targeting.

Geoff

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 18:45 
Novice Member

Gday Geoff! thank you for that! somehow I was having problems searching for that info but that is spot on what i was looking for and I feel kinda embarrassed the info was right there!!

thanks again!!