It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:46

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: were to move to in vic
PostPosted: 03 May 2015, 19:28 
Novice Member

Hi all me and my partner are thinking about moving to vic soon for a bit of a change but i dont want to move some were with crap sketchy shore diveing conditions like up here in qld noing theres big sharks, crocs and box jellys everywere and best viso ive found is 3m from shore. So i want to move to an area with reasonabley good diving, somewhere with a bit of work going on, and a nice area to bring up my 7month old if you guys could help me out and name a few places that are good diving that would be awsome thanks in advanced
Also is a 1.3 rob allen to big for vic conditions?

PostPosted: 08 May 2015, 19:19 
Novice Member

Some boooody please help me

PostPosted: 08 May 2015, 20:45 
Expert Member (SFD)

Unfortunately most places where there is general work available there are heaps of jokers fishing and diving. So you need to know where to go to get good fish.
We have had the worst weather for diving this summer for a long time. Vic has heaps of days of shit vis. About 3 days a year that are amazing. Plenty that are divable from shore.
I live west of PPB. West coast has less good vis days than the East side of the bay. I don't really think it matters where you move, there are shitloads to many people in and around Melbs. Increasing our population is reducing our quality of life. Unless of course you value getting a coffee as a life changing moment (I don't). I would stay where you are, it's freezing down here too.
1m gun is best.

PostPosted: 08 May 2015, 20:57 
Fanatical Senior Member

Hi Mick... Blacky is pretty close to 100% on the coin... Sorry mate... Melbs is averaging 100,000 people a month ATM... Shit times ahead... If your just after general work; there's a bucket of grouse small coastal towns between Brisbane and Melbourne... Organise your vehicle so you can live comfortably, and do a LONG road trip along the coast to Melbourne... You, and only you will know when you have found somewhere grouse to live for a bit...

1.3 - good for kingfish and SBT
90-1.1 - vic general fishing

Anywhere on the Mornington peninsula (east of Melbourne) is grouse to live; backbeaches and bay...

PostPosted: 09 May 2015, 00:28 
Novice Member

Thanks for the reply guys im originally from the central coast of nsw way around terrigal gosford way the misses wants to buy a fish nd chip shop down there and im keen as a been on new species to tick of the list with out getin killed lol (north qld is a death trap) just keen on a few nigas there beautiful ( i mean luderic lol ) to eat beer baterd and some abbs i miss those taisty criters and lobbys and the rest come witb experience and local knowledge not aftwr top spots just a good spot to move that isnt derrolict for my daughter to grow up thats aĺl i plan on joining the local club once i move down too

PostPosted: 09 May 2015, 00:30 
Novice Member

Sorry if that made no sence fark im pissed lol

PostPosted: 09 May 2015, 01:06 
Novice Member

Also what is sbt??? Lol

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 08:41 
Novice Member

madmick wrote:
Also what is sbt??? Lol

Southern Bluefin Tuna!?

I'm not from here either so I am just taking a stab. I'm from Perth originally haha.

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 10:58 
Vice President

SBT = Southern Bluefin Tuna, yes.

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 13:32 
Novice Member

Thanks mitch
I would imagine you would need a boat for them but i wouldn't mind ticking one of my list would be a good experience