It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:41

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Social Dive 9/8/15
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2015, 11:41 
Fanatical Senior Member

Meet tomorrow Squeaky Beach car park with the aim to be in water at 10:00am. Aim is to swim from North end toward Leonard Point. I have no idea what the viz will be like. Depth range will be from zero to lots.

Post subject: Re: Social Dive 9/8/15
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2015, 14:19 
Fanatical Senior Member

There is a track that leads from the car park to picnic bay, take that and when you see a track going down on your left towards a beach take that. That will take you where you want to be quicker than swimming. Between the southern and western most parts of the headland is where it's at. It's a big swim and walk back with a load of fish.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2015, 22:59 
Vice President

Prom Write Up - By Prospect

Geoff, Kiwi, Brett, Brett's friend Brad, Jozef, Pete, Ric, Watto and myself ventured to the mighty Wilson's prom today. Conditions looked good from the walk to the divespot but was a bit cloudy in the water. I won't even go into detail about my estimates of the visibility as i have no idea as it varied in areas. Not much fish life seen. Took a few sweep and managed to find a banded morwong so i was pretty happy. Watto shot a black drummer. Nippy 10 degrees in the water today. Brett threw a draughtboard shark at me. Watto 'attempted' to throw a crab at me. I got a PB dive depth. Leongatha KFC took a hiding from B. Illingworth on the way home. All in all, a fun day out and a good first trip to the prom for myself.

3 votes - Brett for organising the day and providing some knowledge about the almighty Wilson's Prom (with the help of Brad) :idea:
2 votes - Watto for battling a vicious crab and then attempting to throw it at me but failing horrendously :lol:
1 vote - Geoff for losing his torch in an attempt to find a black drummer he was searching for all day :oops:

Special Mention to Jozef who hiked the track with a banks board, climbed down a steep hill and still had a smile on his face!

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2015, 23:53 
Fanatical Senior Member

Thanks to Brett for organising and to all the boys that made the trip down. Had a great day and even though conditions were tough was stoked to dive a new location. 8)

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2015, 09:25 
Fanatical Senior Member

Conditions were very good. Viz was very ordinary. Quality fish were very scarce, but you could easily fill up on Bandeds, Sweep and Trumps. A little cool in the water but swimming back was much funner than walking back up hill. (This athlete's body is built for streamlined water action, not hill climbing!!!) Mitch squealed like a girl when attacked by flying Shark.