It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:45

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2015, 12:13 
General Committee Member

Next weeks comp is the Woolami anchored boat comp out of Newhaven on Phillip Island.
Format is that boats will leave Newhaven as a group and anchor up off Cape Woolami where the comp will start. Comp starts from the boats and Finish at the boats with the weigh in back at Newhaven
There will also be shore dive options for competitors. Non boat owners should start looking for a spot on a boat NOW! .Make it known on this forum if you require a ride.
We would like to Start the comp from the boats at 9.00 or soon after. Please be there early and be organised. Sign on will finish at 8.00. Fill out your forms, bring the correct money ($15) , Mirrors and whistles will be checked, Floats and flags all as per comp rules. Dont forget to reimburse boat owner a fair and reasonable amount. . He will be towing, have fuel costs,boat costs , car park costs etc.
All club competitions are nominated for Sunday however the Saturday may be used due to weather conditions. The club will post the decision on the Thursday prior on the 'Competitions' thread on the forum. All members welcome. Once again keep an eye on the 'Competitions' thread on the forum for the time, location or any changes.

Could boat owners please indicate if you are going and if you have space, Thanks

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2015, 08:08 
Administrator

If anyone has a free spot on a boat, please pm me, or let me know on here. Happy to chip in for costs and help with cleaning.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 15:49 
Expert Member (SFD)

Competition will be cancelled this weekend due to weather. Winds are favourable but a solid 6ft swell makes it unsafe to anchor up the boats. Comp will be moved to NEXT SUNDAY. I'll make the call by next Thursday.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 18:43 
General Committee Member

Thanks Muzz

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2015, 16:32 
Expert Member (SFD)

There is a slim chance Sunday may be divable, I'll make the call tomorrow by 5pm.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2015, 23:49 
General Committee Member

If the comp runs on Sunday we need to know who will be there with a boat. At this stage we have 1 boat.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2015, 08:09 
Fanatical Senior Member

Sorry guys. Won't be able to make it to this one!

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2015, 16:16 
General Committee Member

Due to the wind coming up and a lack of available boats on Sunday this comp is off. We will endeavour to run it later in the year.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2015, 22:30 
General Committee Member

I don't think anyone will argue that one :P

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2015, 16:55 
Expert Member (SFD)

me thinks the comp committee is planning on running this comp on Sunday the 3rd of May.