It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:13

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 09:34 
Expert Member (SFD)

If the comp is on this weekend.... any boat has a spot for me? :P

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 17:42 
General Committee Member

Southern Freedivers Newhaven Boat comp will run this Sunday. I will get full info up later tonight.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 19:00 
General Committee Member

Sunday will see the running of the Newhaven Boat Comp.
The comp will start from the Newhaven boat ramp(Just over the Phillip Island Bridge on the right) at 9.00 Sharp. There are plenty of safe shore dives available for those without a boat ride.If you are unsure of a location to dive there will be plenty of advice prior to the start. Shore divers will be allowed to leave from the ramp area after the briefing at 8.40.
Sign on for this comp will finish at 8.00. Bring your entry forms filled out with the correct money ( $15 and $5 Junior). (Forms from me will be $5 each).
Its a 6 hour comp with sign off finishing at 3.00 back at the ramp. Exclusion if you are late. Comp is open to all AUF members however SFD membership is required to score points.
Conditions look good(Light wind and low swell) so expect some good catches. Andrew V (0418577079)

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 22:15 
Expert Member (SFD)

P.Diddy wrote:
Hey Mitch, are you the new convenor?
No Mitch isn't the convenor! Mitch approached the committee looking to help the club out where he could, as a starter we have given him forum and face book/instergram posting duties. I'm sure in the future he will be taking over from us OLD bastards who don't have the time we'd like to have! If any of this is an issue for you feel free to call me..................

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2016, 07:58 
Fanatical Senior Member

Keep you shirt on! Just asking. 8) I get confused when different people post comp info :|

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2016, 17:28 
Vic Records Officer

didn't know you still did comps

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2016, 18:22 
General Committee Member

As I recall Paul had a boatload at the Sorrento Boat comp. I suspect its just been too long between comps and your memory is going Watto.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2016, 12:26 
Fanatical Senior Member

Off course I do Comps Watto, I'me the old so&so in the red boat :!:

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 08:29 
Fanatical Senior Member

What a fantastic comp. Newhaven boat comp is one of the best comps of the season with many different species weighed in.

This year we had a Good turn out in reasonable conditions, many thanks to the president Andrew for signing everyone on and off and also organising the Sausages for the bbq. Thanks to Murray for convening and being the weighmaster for the comp and Brett for conducting the thorough safety brief and scoring.

Couple of technical issues with the scales but nothing Tom Adamson and his Mcgyver (those born after 1990 might need to use google for reference) like skills couldn’t get around.

Without seeing the exact scores yet, I can say with confidence 18 Different species would have won the day for Murray. Most would agree the Queen snapper would be catch of the day going to Murray for his fine efforts.

Young Marcus Dorfstatter is fast becoming a force to be reckoned with, bringing home a great bag as well, with a bunch of A-scale fish weighed in.

Brett's sore tummy and frequency of bowel movement throughout the entire day didn't seem to hinder his diving capabilities one bit. Bringing home top quality fish.

The battle for second and third place will be a tight one!!!

Thanks to all who participated in this seasons Newhaven boat comp and great to put a face to the names of the new members. We hope to see you again in the next competition!

peace

nigz

results -

http://southernfreedivers.org.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5813&p=45797#p45797