It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:32

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2016, 16:23 
Vice President

Next weekend (April 3rd) we have the Harmers Haven (east coast) competition scheduled. This is our 7th comp of the season (Peninsula and Woolamai Boat comp to go after this one) and is a very quality dive location.

As usual, competitors must abide by the SFD competition rules and regulations, and bring their own sign on forms with the correct money ($15 for seniors).

The Saturday may be used if the weather conditions are favourable that day, but that will be determined by the dive conveyor in the middle of next week (Thursday at the latest).

If you decide to pair up for the competition, you must also abide by the PAIRS COMPETITION rules as they are slightly different to a single diver rules and regulations.

If you have any questions, comment below. Things are getting close in the A, B and C grade divisions with small percentages seperating everyone so its still anyones chance to take home the trophy at presentation night!

MORE INFO WILL BE POSTED BELOW SO STAY TUNED 8)

Thanks,

Mitch.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2016, 13:42 
Fanatical Senior Member

Please competitors especially the newer club members please make sure you all have safety equipment as others may not have items to lend you. Also make sure you have reflective tape on your floats.

Cheers

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016, 11:38 
Vice President

Thanks Geoff!

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 21:27 
Novice Member

I'm a total new member to this club, my wife and i are keen to get involved and were thinking of coming down to the competition this weekend then the club meet up next week. Keen as to get in the water
is it suitable for us to attend?
What are the requirements for entrance,we both have dive boys but i'm not sure about the reflective tape?
what is the location and time of competition?
cost?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2016, 11:12 
Vice President

The decision has been made to call the competition OFF due to poor weather conditions predicted for Sunday and Saturday. We will aim to run the competition after the VCS Pairs Competition next week (Aireys Inlet). Thanks for your patience and safe diving.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2016, 16:52 
Administrator

balfiman wrote:
I'm a total new member to this club, my wife and i are keen to get involved and were thinking of coming down to the competition this weekend then the club meet up next week. Keen as to get in the water
is it suitable for us to attend?
What are the requirements for entrance,we both have dive boys but i'm not sure about the reflective tape?
what is the location and time of competition?
cost?

Hey mate.

Awesome that you're both interested in coming for a dive.
The club comp and social dives are suitable for everyone from beginners to experts.

There is info in the "New Forum Member" section about requirements for comps. (AUF membership and safety gear).
This section has other useful info to help you have a safe enjoyable dive.
I recommend having the minimum safety gear every time you dive.

If you become a club member at some point, your scores from subsequent comps count towards the club aggregate.

It's a fun day of diving and you may feel safe diving knowing there are other people in the water.
We have a weigh-in and bbq after each comp and you get to see what fish are in the area.

Hopefully we see you both at either the meetings or the club dives, or both!

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2016, 16:23 
Vice President

Unfortunately, there will be no SFD competition this weekend. Sunday is very ordinary weather on the east coast for the Harmers Haven competition, and the Saturday is reasonably better, but its going to stronger winds increasing from the morning until early afternoon, with a bit of swell rolling around. We will aim to run a competition next weekend, praying the weather plays in our favour. Dive safe this weekend everyone!