It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:05

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2014, 09:37 
Expert Member (SFD)

The “Hannan” competition is a 4 person teams “species” competition that is runs over the 3 boat competitions.

The idea is for the whole 4 person team to work together to endeavour to catch as many different species as possible over the 3 boat comps. (This seasons boat competitions are held at Sorrento on November 30th, Newhaven on February 22nd and Port Fairy on May 17th).

The various different species are added to one team scoresheet and only one per species counts. i.e. If the team of 4 divers jointly catch 17 different species at the first competition at Sorrento they then need to target only different species at the 2nd and 3rd boat competitions.

Winning team scores have been as high as 30 species . Over the years, this has been a very keenly contested competition , especially for those who don’t want to chase the same old regular species every competition. Four person teams can dive in different areas and out of different boats to target different species. It is amazing to see which species come in when targeting them. Often divers only weigh 1 or 2 species each in the later comps in the season to help their teams win.

The Hannan competition is NOT an extra competition day but runs in conjunction with the boat comps. It also does NOT have any extra sign on fee and the only pre requisite is that you are a financial member of the Australian Underwater Federation.
The Jim Hannan Memorial Cup and 4 smaller trophies will be awarded to the winning team of four divers.

You can sign on and nominate your four man teams at the first competition at Sorrento or email them to Rob Torelli at enquiries@bwhi.com.au (NOTE: You will still need to sign on at the competitions, but you need only nominate your team once) Any queries feel free to email Rob Torelli at enquiries@bwhi.com.au

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2014, 17:46 
Expert Member (SFD)

The first round of this event was held on Sunday at the Sorrento Boat Competition. Some great species were weighed in including Drew and Brads Ling, Macs Gurnard Perch, Murrays Queen Snapper and Danny and Drews Luderick.
Here is the leaderboard:
Drew, Brad, Trent, Blacky- 17 species
Danny, Bob, Tom, Andrew- 13 species
Murray, Watto, Brett, Chris-13 species
Pete, Mac, Paul, Marcus- 11 species
Kiwi, Fitzy, Nghia, Josef- 8 species
Plenty of time for more teams to participate, the next round will be the Newhaven Boat comp where last year Murray got 20 species just on his own, so there is still an opportunity to post a winning score.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2015, 10:50 
Expert Member (SFD)

Round 2 was held 3 weeks ago during the Newhaven Boat Comp. As usual M.Petersen dominated with 19 species including a conga eel and rock ling. Other notable catches include Stoj's 4kg snook and Macs rock ling. The leaderboard now looks like this:

Drew,Brad,Trent,Paul B: 25 species
Murray,Brett,Nathan,Chris: 25 species
Peter,Mac,Paul D,Marcus: 18 species
Danny,Bob,Tom,Andrew: 17 species
Scott,Alan,Nghia,Josef: 8 species

The 3rd and final round will be held at Port Fairy in a couple of months time.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 21:15 
Expert Member (SFD)

The final results for the Hannan Trophy 2014/15 are as follows:

Murray, Watto, Brett, Chris 28 species
Trent, Drew, Brad, Blacky 25 species
Paul, Marcus, Peter, Mac 20 species
Danny, Bob, Tom, Andrew 17 species
Kiwi, Fitzy, Nghia, Josef 8 species

This seasons Hannan comp is scheduled to be held this Sunday from Sorrento Boat Ramp.
If you are interested, please let me know between now and comp start.
This year it will again consist of the same 3 comps- Sorrento, Newhaven and SCS Port Fairy.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015, 21:45 
Expert Member (SFD)

We had a great day diving off the boats out of Sorrento on Sunday. 7 teams have already signed on for the Hannan Trophy. Still 2 more comps for anyone else wishing to make up another team.

Here are the results:
Muzz, Brett, Watto, Chris-15 species
Pete R, Mac R, Paul D, Marcus D-12 species
Drew, Bob, Tom, Nghia-12 species
Stoj, Peter T, Blacky, Geoff-11 species
Kiwi, Alex, Fitzy, Danny-11 species
Andrew, Russell, Brendon, Josef-8 species
Alan, Mick, Chris, Mark-5 species

Hope to have another good day out of Port Fairy for round 2.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2016, 21:25 
Expert Member (SFD)

After the Port Fairy boat comp, we have a new lead team. Mac Riddle from the Shipwreck Coast Skindivers won this event easily with 11 species, and has taken his team to the top with a current total of 19 species. In second place is Murray, Brett, Watto and myself with 18 species. The rest of the scores remain unchanged. Still plenty of room for anything to happen with the 3rd and final round, the Newhaven Boat Comp, still to come. This event is known for its high scores, so all teams are still capable of winning.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 08:38 
Fanatical Senior Member

Hey Chris, is the Hannan Cup being contested this year starting with this weekends Sorrento Boat Comp?
Also I need to get that speargun to you that the VUF won for the World Titles Fund Raiser. Will you be at the Comp?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2016, 08:41 
Fanatical Senior Member

So... no answer. Is their a VUF anymore? Is this the wrong place to communicate? If so can you ring or email me Chris. I don't have your number anymore, lost from phone when it spent a day swimming in the bilge.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 15:34 
Fanatical Senior Member

Hey Paul. First round of Hannan is tomorrow. Chris will be there. I saw him on Tuesday.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 20:07 
Fanatical Senior Member

OK Thanks Brett, see you there tomoz!

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2016, 18:38 
Fanatical Senior Member

When can we ezpect a Hannan update. Would love to see the number and type of species of the nominated teams please.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2016, 19:58 
Vic Records Officer

After I send all the score sheets to Chris some how. If Chris wants them

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2016, 21:48 
Expert Member (SFD)

Here are the scores from the 1st boat comp for the season:
Brett, Watto, Blacky, Chris- 20 species
Murray, Pete, Mac, Bob- 14 species
Paul D, Marcus, Leigh, Trent- 9 species
Andrew, Geoff, Russell, Stoj- 8 species
Fitzy, Nghia, Kiwi, Drew- 10 species
Josef, Alan, Odie, Kim- 7 species
I have added a couple of names in to make up full teams. If you are one of those names and aren't happy with this, let me know. Also, if you competed in the 1st comp and aren't in a team, and would like to be, please let me know what your team is, and I will adjust the score. Still plenty of species available at the Newhaven and Port Fairy boat comps to do well at this competition, so its not too late to start!

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2016, 14:00 
Fanatical Senior Member

Hey Chris... can you please PM me a list of the 20 fish we actually got please....

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2016, 20:57 
Social Secretary

Nice job guys