It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:08

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012, 04:52 
Expert Member (SFD)

I'm a newbie to the sport and have been putting a lot of time in the water, reading and online trying to get a solid fundamental understanding of Victorian fish (as you may have seen from my previous post), especially the tastier ones.

I heard (a couple of months ago), that Brett had compiled a DVD with footage comprising all the species of the Vic Challenge. With haste I Pm'ed him asking the costs etc. Before long (to be fair he took f@#$ing ages), I got a message with an apology for the delay and a welcoming response that he was happy to help and would even post it out free of charge.

I recieved the 15 minute DVD Today and it's more than lived up to expectations. The vis throughout is crystal clear and unlike many youtube videos is also partly shot by a third party so you get to see the man's hunting techniques, I swear he hover's over a KGW for a minute or so, acting dead until it presents the perfect shot.

Synopsis: The man is part fish and probably shouldn't be allowed in any competitions.

Negatives: He doesn't supply Melways references to his spots or GPS information.

Conclussion: Fantastic watch. PM Him to grab a copy if your starting out, or just want to see some awesome footage of a pro get some very large Vic fish.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012, 08:55 
Expert Member (SFD)

i've seen the dvd you speak of and yes it is well worth watching.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012, 11:49 
Vic Records Officer

I think from memory, Andrew had a copy of this that we watched a few times at a meeting. Now that we have a DVD player, I think there's gonna be one or two DVDs at each meeting!

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 00:05 

Id like to see it!!!! There is also the reef watch video but that has everything not select species.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2014, 14:39 
Novice Member

How can I get too see these movies? Any chance trey are on youtube?

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2014, 21:06 
Vic Records Officer

Most of it is on YouTube